Nathan Triska // Took You Long Enough

requested by @Daniella_Brock

"Nathan, give me my phone back!" I shout as I jump onto his back.

"Never," He laughs. I continue to stay on his back and watch as he scrolls though my Instagram.

Nathan and I have been best friends for forever. He always makes me smile, and even when he steals my phone, I can't help but like him just a little more.

"Nathan!"

"Fine, here's your phone."

I take it back and check to make sure he didn't do anything.

"So? I heard our parents are planning dinner on Friday."

"Yay...family dinner."

Nathan laughed at my sarcasm. Every family dinner is the same. Nathan and I are sent to set the table. Then, one of our parents serves the food and we all eat together. This means our parents save any questions they have about our school and social life for that night, so while everyone enjoying freshly grilled steak, Nathan and I are actually being grilled, except with questions. The best part is after dinner Nathan and I go to our room. We can just talk and hang out for hours. I say hours because our parents can talk all night.

"At least we can hang out. I always love hanging out with the cutest girl in school," I look away, blushing. Nathan has always said these sweet things, and I have to admit. I like Nathan. What's not to like about him? He's sweet, funny and just fun to be around, but I don't want to ruin the special friendship we have. It's the best thing I have and I'm not going to ruin it with a crush.

"There's the bell. I'll see you around, Nathan."

-Friday (Family Dinner)-
I put on my favorite outfit and head downstairs. My mom is cooking up one of her delicious meals.

"Do you need help, Mom?" I ask.

"I'm fine, honey. Just please make sure everything looks okay."

I laugh and walk aimlessly around. Everything looks neat, thanks to moi. I'm relaxing on the couch when the doorbell rings.

"I GOT IT!" I shout, already running to the door.

"Daniella, hurry up!" I can barely hear Nathan's voice.

"Now honey, don't be rude I'm sure she was in the middle of-"

"Hello, Triskas," I greet them, pulling open the door.

"DANIELLA, YOU TOOK FOREVER!" He shouts while he rushes up to me and pulls me into a huge hug. I hug back, but can't help but blush just a tiny bit.

"To think you went to school together all day," Nathan's mom rolls her eyes and laughs.

"Hi!"

Our parents laugh and chat.

"So how has the last," Nathan checks his phone, "Two hours been?"

I laugh at this, "Well I was chased by a bear, then, I managed to get away but I had to survive in the wild and-"

"Never mind, shouldn't have asked."

I roll my eyes at Nathan.

"How about dinner?"

Everyone nods, salivating at the thought.

"Nathan and Daniella, how about you two set the table while I get the food ready to serve."

"Sure," We walk away from the door, "I bet on it. It's like tradition."

"We wouldn't want to break tradition, now, would we?" He asks, handing me the plates one by one so I can place them on the table.

"Nope," We continue the job until he passes me a fork and our finger brush together. I almost jump away. Nathan looks away quickly; I can't tell whether he's blushing.

"Alright! Dinner is served!" Mrs. Triska says, bringing out a platter of food.

"It smells wonderful," Nathan sighs.

"But may I have a side order of questions to go along with that," I whisper.  Nathan snickers a bit.

-After dinner-
"Well! That was absolutely delicious," Our dads say together. We all laugh.

"Why thank you. I'll get the dishes, why don't you two kids go up to Daniella's room."

I let out a breath I was holding.

"Okay, mom. If you're sure."

"Absolutely, honey."

We immediately run up the stairs, after putting our dishes in the kitchen may I say.

"I thought we'd never escape that!" I sighed with relief and collapsed onto my bed.

"I know!" Nathan said, falling next to me.

"I can't believe my mom asked you about my love life," I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Thanks for the 'she doesn't have one,'" Though I wish I do.

"Don't you wish you had a love life?"

It's like he reads my mind.

"Sorta. I mean there's one guy..." I trail off not wanted Nathan to feel like it's not him.

"Who!?" He shouts, sitting up.

"Nobody."

"Daniellaaaa!"

"I said nobody."

"Please tell meeeee."

"No."

"Pleaaaassseeeeee."

"No!"

"Well I guess there's only one resort," Nathan sighs.

What-My thoughts are interrupted by his hands on my sides. I immediately fall down.

"Nathan, stop!"

"Tell me who!"

"Nathan!"

"It'll make it so much easier."

"Stop!"

He backs me into a corner of my room, so that our noses our inches away. I stop breathing.

"I."

Heart beating fast.

"Can't."

Hands getting sweaty.

"Say."

"Oh. Well, will this help?"

I don't realize what he's about to do. His lips touch mine lightly, something I've wanted to do for a long time. Sparks and everything magical, including unicorns, seem to radiate off us.

"Dessert, gu-" Mrs. Triska peeks her head into my room.

We jump away from each other.

"Well," She shrugged, "Took you long enough."

We laughed. She reminded us of dessert.

"DESSERT!" I screamed and started to run out of the room.

"Wait," Nathan grabbed my hand and pulled me back, "Daniella, will you go on a date with me?"

I blush profusely, "Yes."

Then, I take my hand back, "DESSERT, EVERYONE! DESSERT!"

I run down the stairs to leave Nathan shaking his head.

"No wonder I love you."

» Melody