Brandon Rowland // Airplane Buddies

I stare out the airplane window with excitement: I'm finally travelling to Europe. It's been a dream of mine since I was very young, and I finally get to accomplish it.

Swiping to the camera app on my phone, I hold it to the window and take a photo of the mountains below me.

"Nice photo," someone comments beside me.

I turn to the voice to see a boy my age smiling at me.

"Thank you."

He smiles, "I'm Brandon. Where are you headed to?"

"I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you, Brandon. My first stop is Italy, then I'll be exploring other parts around Europe. How about you?"

"Same here. My friends and I have some events to attend in Europe."

"That sounds awesome."

A loud voice flows through the aircraft, "Hello, passengers, this is your captain speaking. We've got some nice tail winds, so we should be able to reach your destination approximately thirty minutes early. We've still got over eight hours..." he rambles on about other details no one cares about.

"Eight hours," Brandon sighs, "What are we supposed to do?"

I shrug, "We could watch some movies."

The boy agrees, and we watch movies together while getting to know each other.

;

Once the plane lands, people slowly make their way out of the airplane. Brandon and I go to the side of a gate and turn to each other.

"I suppose this is goodbye then?" I tell him.

He laughs, "I suppose so. Thanks for making those long hours so much more enjoyable."

"Thanks to you too. Have fun at your events, Brandon."

"And you have fun adventuring through Europe."

We say our final goodbyes and part ways.

;

Although Europe was an amazing experience, my adventure wasn't over yet. My next stop is New York City.

Getting on the plane to New York, I stare at the screen on the seat in front of me telling me I have many hours before this flight lands. I'm reminded of how Brandon and I passed time during these long flights but am saddened when I see he's not beside me. I decide to sleep for the majority of the flight.

;

New York is an experience in itself. I spent the day walking through the city and going to places like Times Square and Central Park. Right now, I'm going up the Empire State Building.

Arriving at the top, I'm astounded by the beautiful view of the city. I take some photos of the scenery.

"Nice photo," a familiar voice says.

I turn around, "Brandon! What are you doing here?"

"I'm back in the states for an event."

I lightly laugh, "I'm starting to get skeptical of your events."

"Don't worry about it. What are you doing here, y/n?"

"It's my last stop before I head home. What are the odds that my airplane buddy from Europe ends up in New York as well?"

He looks slightly confused, "Airplane buddy?"

"Yup," I confirm, "We're officially airplane buddies."

Brandon chuckles, "Wow, I didn't know we were that serious."

"I move quick in these relationships," I joke with him.

We spend the night adoring the view and walking through the streets of New York. It turns out, we both had a flight the next day, so we decided to meet up at the airport.

"Flight 167 to Phoenix, Arizona is now boarding economy class," the intercom says.

I sadly turn to Brandon, "That's my flight. I guess this is really goodbye."

"Wait, you're going to Arizona?" he questions.

Perplexed, I reply, "Yeah, I live there."

He just chuckles, "See you soon, y/n."

Brandon starts to walk away, so I call out to him, "What do you mean?"

He turns around and says, "Google Brandon Rowland," then proceeds to walk away.

I board my plane and pull out my phone while the other passengers get sorted. Typing in 'Brandon Rowland' in Google search, I tap the first link. It's his page on Famous Birthdays. Wait, he's famous?

Scrolling through the site, I notice one key detail that brings a smile to my face: He was born and raised in Arizona.

I follow him on Instagram and Twitter and add him on Snapchat. His recent tweet was posted two minutes ago.

@BrandonRowland: see you soon, airplane buddy :)

Smiling, I whisper under my breath, "See you soon."

» dakota

YouNow Imagines {REQUESTS CLOSED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें