Brandon Rowland // Stranger Things

this imagine has no actual relation to the show Stranger Things. although, I highly recommend you to watch Stranger Things on Netflix if you haven't already.

Something is happening in our town, in our school, and no one sees it.

At my school, boys keep disappearing. The only connection between them are that they are all popular boys in my grade level.

There's a legend, a dumb myth, that goes around this school.

It's said that she can make any boy fall in love with her. Once she has you hooked you can't save yourself. She sings this melodic tune the way Sirens do to lure someone towards them. You'll get caught in this trance and she has complete control over you. This has happened for generations. Her name is Kylie Smith.

Kylie Smith. I hadn't really spoken to her because she's in the shadows. Everyone has heard of her but no one has approached her in the fear of the whispered tales being true.

She was a beautiful girl. Long wavy brown hair, blue-green eyes, a smooth complexion, and a model's body. She was everything a girl could ever want to be.

This is my story.

Y/N POV

I arrive at school late and rush to my science classroom.

"Twenty minutes late, Y/N," Mr. Wells says while looking at his watch, "Have a seat."

I go my usual spot next to my best friend Brandon.

"Hey, why were you late?" he questions.

"Decided to ignore my alarm clock," I bite my lip in regret, "Definitely not my smartest choice."

Brandon chuckles a bit as we turn our attention to Mr. Wells.

"As I was saying, this assignment will be worth 30% of your grade, therefore I'd work diligently if I were you. I put you in partners that I think you'll work well in for this experiment."

He starts listing the partners as I patiently await for my name to be mentioned.

"Y/N and Grant."

I can work with that. Grant is a friend of mine whom I don't know too well but will stop to say hi in the hallways to.

"And lastly, Brandon and Kylie."

Brandon's gaze drifts across the room to Kylie. Yes, Kylie Smith. She has this mischievous twinkle in her eyes that makes my body shiver in fear for my best friend.

Hopefully those myths are just rumors.

10:00 a.m.

"Okay everyone, class is dismissed. Remember, I am not giving any class time for this project so use your time wisely," Mr. Wells says farewell and returns to his desk.

I gather my books and head to my locker with Brandon.

"Mr. Well gives us way too much homework," he complains.

"I agree, but at least we have partners."

"Yeah, but Grant is your friend. I've never spoken to Kylie and frankly I don't want to."

I laugh a little, "Hey, at least you have motivation to finish the project quickly."

He smiles at me and nods as we reach our lockers.

An unfamiliar voice calls to my best friend.

"Hey Brandon."

The both of us turn. You guessed it, it's Kylie.