Weston Koury // Forever & Ever

requested by @arayes123
I've never attended anything like this so I don't know how it works.

I walked to the gloomy place holding my left hand in my mom's and my right hand in my boyfriend, Weston's. We took our seats in the front row and my mom let go of my hand to wipe her tears. I clenched Weston's hand tighter, not wanting to ever let go, as I felt a tear fall across my cheek. A man walked up to the podium and cleared his throat.
"We are gathered here to mourn over a loss dear to our hearts. This woman, lying here with us, was loving and caring towards everyone she knew. She especially loved her only granddaughter, Aryssa."
At that, water flowed freely from my eyes and I ran away from the area. I couldn't face this. My grandmother was always there to make me smile and to stuff me with her amazing cookies. She can't seriously be gone. I won't accept this. No one tried to stop me, they knew I needed time to myself. I sat under a tree and stared out at the cemetery. To think so many people have lost a loved one and had to watch them get buried here, it shattered my heart. I pulled my knees into my chest and cried into my hands. A few minutes passed and I felt arms around me.
"Shh. It's going to be okay, we're okay."
"She's not coming back, Weston."
"Maybe not physically, but she will always be with you."
I said nothing. Weston picked me up and placed me in his lap. He rubbed my back to calm me down. After awhile we stood and he laced our fingers together. I wiped away my last few stray tears and walked back to the funeral. At this point everyone was lined up to say their final goodbyes to my beautiful grandmother.
When it was my turn, I brought Weston with me.
"Hey grandma. I-I love you so much, and I k-know you'll always be w-with m-me," I stuttered trying to hold in my tears. I took a deep breath and calmed down.
"Thank you for always being here for me, and even though you're up there with all the other angels, thank you for taking time to watch over me emotionally. Love you grandma."
Weston nods at me and says a quick goodbye himself. My grandmother treated Weston as her own grandson.
The two of us walked back to the same tree from earlier and sat down. He placed his arm around me as I turned to him.
"You better not leave me."
"Wouldn't dream about it, Aryssa. We'll be together for a long time."
"Forever?"
"And ever."

» Dakota