Triston Tyler // Baby Boy

requested by @lil_leah_2001
"Stand by You" by Rachel Platten

"Baby boy!"

"Baby girl!"

Tears form in my eyes as he picks me up in a hug and spins me around.

"Hey, beautiful," I blush deeply and respond with a kiss.

"Hey," a whisper escapes my lips.

"Baby girl, why are you crying?"

I cry until I can't see where I am. Triston's warm arms wrap around me.

"Don't cry, gorgeous. I'm here."

"T-t-triston," I gasp for air and try to calm myself.

"Baby girl..."

"I-I'm sick."

I watch as his eyes fall to the ground. He wraps his arms tighter around me.

"I love you, baby girl."

"I hate doing this to you," I dangle my feet over the ground and watch the scenery on the monkey bars.

"Why?"

"You shouldn't be put through my pain."

Triston's warm arm wraps around my shoulder. We're sitting on the monkey bars at the playground we first met.

"I want to. Leah, I love you," His eyes meet mine, "You shouldn't be put though this pain. I hate seeing you down."

"I love you too, baby boy," My kisses my forehead and we sit there together, relishing every moment.

"Analeah?" Dr. Turner glanced at his file, "How are you feeling?"

"Tired."

"That's normal. We're going to be taking some tests today."

"Okay," I glance at Triston who is nodding his head.

"We have your test results back. I'm afraid to say it's terminal," Dr. Turner glances at us.

It can't be. I can't leave him. He's too...

I nod, holding back my tears.

"Okay, thank you, Doctor."

We walk out of the office and to a park. It feels like I'm in a dream now. Nothing is real. I can't take it all in.

"You're strong, Leah. That's why I love you," Triston grabs my hand and spins me around.

Hands put your empty hands in mine
And scars, show me all the scars you hide

"You're a princess," He smiles and kisses me.

And hey, if your wings are broken
Please take mine so yours can open, too

I let out my tears. Except, I've twisted them to become tears of joy. Triston is amazing and makes me smile everyday. He makes me happy, and I'm glad I have him to make that possible.

Oh, tears make kaleidoscopes in your eyes
And hurt, I know your hurting, but so am I

He lifts me up places me on a swing. Then, he pushes me toward the crystal blue sky.

And love, if your wings are broken
Borrow mine 'til yours can open

"Triston, why are you doing this? Loving a dying girl?"

"'Cause I'm going to stand by you."

I stare at the white roof. The hospital cold.

"Honey, I'll ask for another blanket if you-"

"I'm fine, Mom," I notice the hurt in her eyes, "Thank you. Thank you for everything."

"Of course," She places a warm hand on my cheek.

"Baby girl," Triston takes my cold hand, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby boy."

"I'll never forget you. You're still my princess, my baby girl, my everything."

"I'll never forget you either, baby boy. You'll be my light through the uncertain."

He places a tender kiss on my lips and sits back in the chair beside me, still cradling my hand.

And I know.

"Baby boy..."

"Baby girl..."

My eyes slowly close, and those last words melt into the warmness of nothing.

» Melody