Jackson Krecioch // Tomorrow

requested by @lawley16

"Jackson?" I whisper hoarsely into the cool night, hugging my light cardigan around me.

A tall figure emerges from the dark, "Hey, Jess," His voice is warm and welcoming. I smile at him.

This whole situation originally started as an accident. I was walking in the cool, autumn wind at night, worrying about everything and nothing. I'd sat down at a bench, hidden slightly by a tree, when a tall figure sat down beside me. I didn't realise the kid was my age until he said hey. It was October 10th, the beginning of the best friendship I could ever ask for.

"How's Drew?"

I shrug, "He doesn't like me."

"Are you sure? I mean it's you."

"He told me straight to my face and then said 'f off.'"

Jackson's arms snake around me,"I'm sorry," He whispers, pressing his lips gently against my forehead.

"It's fine. I mean he's kinda a jerk now that I think about it," I bury my face into his chest, inhaling his scent.

"Hey," Jackson gently lifts my chin so that we're facing eye to eye, "Just remember, I love you. We love you. You're amazing, Jess."

"Thanks, Jackson," I pull him into a hug.

Letting go, we begin to part, but instead, I turn around. His face is dark, so I can't see his expression, only his figure, "Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow."

The snow melts, and spring awakens from its long slumber. Small flowers begin their lives, bringing speckles of color throughout the park. I stroll through the grass, heading toward the place. Sitting down on the bench, I stick a flower into my hair carefully.

"Jess!"

Jackson plops down beside me, "Hi!"

"And, may I ask why my best friend is so excited today?" I giggle.

"It's just a good day. The flowers, the sun, everything," He pauses smile faltering a bit, "I think today nature is telling me that I have to do something."

"Something what?" I ask, confused.

"There's this girl," He begins, avoiding eye contact.

Great, I think, A girl. It always happens when I start to fall.

"She's been the thing I look forward to everyday, and I don't think she likes me, but I think maybe I should try."

"Live a bit?" I ask, trying not to begin crying.

"Yeah," He smiles.

I don't notice how close we are to each other until he reaches, gently touching my cheek. He leans in and gently places a kiss on my lips.

In that moment, the sun seems to beam a little more. The flowers are leaning toward us, hoping for something more, but I'm bewildered. How can he kiss me when he likes a girl?

Wait.

Ohhhhhh.

"Jess, I've liked you ever since I set my eyes on you. And, I was kinda wondering if you'd like to be my girlfriend?"

My stomach does flips, but I manage (somehow) to breathe and answer politely.

"I'd love to," And, before I can react, his lips are on mine again. I'm melting into a billion feelings at once when I pull back.

"Jess-"

"How are we going to tell them? Your supporters?"

"We'll worry about that tomorrow," He whispers, his breath tickling my lips.

"Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow," Then, his lips are on mine again, and I'm back to being a mess of emotions.

» Melody