Mario Selman // Don't Be Afraid

requested by @karlawhitesides
sorry if this isn't exactly accurate. I don't know exactly how POMS meet and greets work

"Marioooooo!"
"Karlaaa!"
I smile as we jump into a huge bear hug. His arms are warm and welcoming. My face is pressed into his chest. He smells wonderful and reminds me of when we started dating.
"Karla, I've missed you so much!" Mario, my boyfriend of six months, looks at me and gently kisses me on the lips. I hate long distance relationships but Mario somehow makes me feel special across the country.
"I'm so excited POMS finally made it here!" I turn to the rest of the boys, "Thanks for letting me join this one meet and greet."
They all nod and smile.
"Karla! I have a surprise!" Mario squeals before nearly pulling my arm off.
"Owwww."

I've never been to a meet and greet before. I was placed next to Mario, so if I had any questions I could ask him. There was a long line of girls bursting with excitement. Everything was a blur. I hugged and took pictures with so many girls. Until, one caught my eye. She wore black jeans and a loose gray tank top. She was really pretty, I'll admit.
"Hey," Her voice was really soft as she spoke.
"Hi! What's you're name?"
"I'm Lilley. I know this is going to crazy but I'd like to thank you and Mario. You helped me through my depression. I've been clean for two months now."
My heart nearly breaks in two. I pull her into a close hug.
"Stay strong! I'm glad I could help but just remember that everyone is cheering you on. Mario and I included."
"That's really nice of you thank you," She starts to head off.
"Wait. I think Mario would love to talk to you. He loves putting a smile on people's faces. Can you meet us at the tour bus after the show?"
"I'll try to find it."
"If you can't, ask a security guard. I'll let them know, okay?"
"Okay," She nods. I give her another hug.

"I have a surprise. I think you want to meet her."
"Who?"
"Her name is Lilley. Because of you and, well, us, she's been clean for two months. Mario, I told her you would love that you made her smile."
"That's great!"
We walk to the tour bus when I spot her. Lilley's slumped against the bus, scrolling through her phone.
"Lilley! I brought him!" I shout, waving my arm.
She looks up and smiles back.
"I can't believe I'm actually meeting you!"
"Hi, Lilley," Mario pulls her into a huge hug.
"Hi," She says, shyly.
"Lilley, you don't have to be shy. Mario was so excited when I told him about you."
We laughed and chatted about our lives. Lilley was super nice, and we actually had a bunch in common.
"Hey, there's an awesome restaurant down the corner. We should check it out!"
"Sounds great," I smile. Mario looks at me.
"I'm sorry, Lilley, but I can't. We have a POMS fam meeting. I wish I could."
"That's totally fine!" Lilley gives her genuine smile, "I can't believe I met you! That's crazy!"
"Nice to meet you too."
They hug. Mario kisses me goodbye before heading off.

"You're so lucky to have Mario!"
"Yeah. He's really nice. What about you? Any boys?"
"Just one."
We chat about crushes for a little bit longer when I get a great idea.
"Let's go shopping! The mall is a block or so away."
"That's a great idea! But I don't want to steal you away from Mario."
"He's fine. I mean we've been dating across the country for six months. This one day can't kill me right?"
"If you're sure."
"I'll call him and make sure," I respond, pulling out my phone. Quickly, I call Mario.
"Hello?"
"Mario! I was wondering if it would be okay for me and Lilley to go shopping?"
"Y-y-yea, that's totally fine," His voice seems to get tight.
"Okay! See you later!"
"We're going!"

"Thank you so much for such a fun night!"
"Of course. I'm glad we met. Hey, let's exchange numbers!" I pull out a piece of paper and jot down my number. She does the same.
"Hey. There you two are. It was nice to meet you, Lilley," Mario stares at me sternly.
"Bye!" We hug, "Text ya later!"
We part with tons of hugs and promises of keeping in touch. As soon as Lilley is gone, he's pulling me into the hotel room.
"Mario, why are you acting so weird?"
"I can't believe you just left me."
"Left you?"
"I was looking forward to a weekend or Karla and Mario, but I guess I was wrong. Of course you'd want to hang out with another girl you met."
"Mario? Are you jealous?"
"Maybe I am. I have a right to be!"
"Mario," I look him in the amazing beautiful caring eyes I fell for, "I'm sorry I made you jealous. I seized the moment with a supporter. I wanted her to know I heard her. I'm sorry I ever hurt you. I promise to make it up to you. I would never replace you with another one of my friends. Especially a girl. You helped me become strong and independent, so I wanted to teach other people how to be strong and independent."
He looks at me with tears in his eyes,"You did the right thing. I shouldn't be jealous of someone who supports me. I'm sorry, Karla. I'm just so afraid of losing you. I'm scared that you'll be gone and I'll have nothing. Karla, you are my everything. My wonderful happiness and I love you. I always have."
"Mario," I pause, tears in my eyes, "I love you too."
He kisses me gently, just like our first date. It feels just like day one. Absolutely perfect in every way.
"And Mario?"
He raises an eyebrow, questionably.
"Don't be afraid."

» Melody