Mark Thomas // Sunset Watching

requested by @Belle121702

I tip toe anxiously. A stream of people flood out of the escalators. Many of them carry bags that swing heavily over their shoulder. I looks for a teenage boy in the crowd, but I cannot find him.

Suddenly, I catch a glimpse of him and break into a run. Mark drops his bag into the crowd as I approach. I jump into his arms as he swings me around in a hug.

I close my eyes and smile crazily.

"I missed you so much," Mark mumbles into my shoulder.

"Hi, Mark," I giggle.

He spins me around once before kissing me on the nose.

"I have an amazing place we need to check out," I beam as he carries his bag. Mark wraps an arm around my waist.

"I can't wait," He kisses my temple.

Mark, my long distance boyfriend, is beginning tour soon, but he promised to stop by and visit me before he began.

After he unpacks, I take him down to a small park I recently found. It was originally made as a camp ground, so a narrow, wooded path takes you to a wide-open field. We stroll down the path hand-in-hand as the sun sets.

Sunlight streams through the trees. Warm rays of sunlight leak through and bathe us in golden light.

Mark stops at a wider area of the path. He smiles and spins me.

"You're so beautiful," He whispers before tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

I blush into his shoulder before taking his hand once more and pulling him further down the path. Where the field opens, I break into a run. Mark runs behind me.

I collapse onto the ground in the middle of the field.

The sky turns to pink as we lie there staring at the sky.

"Are you okay?" He asks suddenly.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask, slightly confused.

"I mean," Mark rolls toward me, "I don't get to see you, and I want to make sure everything's okay."

"Yeah," I whisper, "I'm okay. You?"

"I just missed you. So, so much. I'm pretty excited for tour though."

"That's good," I snuggle into his shoulder.

"We need to watch the sunset," Mark points at the sky and sits up.

I sit up too and lean my head against his shoulder. He smiles, wrapping an arm around me.

The sky erupts into color. Streaks of pink and purple fill the sky. On the horizon, the bright yellow ball slowly disappears.

I tilt my head up to see the darkening sky. Behind us, the sky is turns from purple to dark blue, yet, ahead, the sky is pink, orange, and red.

I turn to look at Mark for a second, and like a tidal wave, a completely new emotion hits me. My stomach flips lights, and my heart speeds up.

I kiss him suddenly.

We share that moment together, kissing in the evening sunlight. He pulls me closer, cradling my face.

We slowly pull away.

"Teagan," He whispers. His eyes search my face, "Teagan, I love you."

I smile at his words and kiss him once more, "I love you too, Mark."

» melody