Dora Adventure 2 // Catching Pokémon

Once again, the two authors of this book ran into some Dora troubles.

See, after not finding Weston's top lip, Dora went AWOL, and they need to find her.

With map in possession, the girls went on their adventure.

First they walk along the path and stop at a bridge where they see Brandon.

"Hey B! What's up?" Dakota asks.

"Kota! Mel! I'm just chilling. Some monkey told me to wait here," Brandon tells them.

"Must've been Boots," Melody realizes, "Which way did he go?"

"Across this bridge."

"Thanks B, we'll catch you later," the girls call out to him while crossing the bridge.

"Bye!" he shouts back.

While walking on the bridge, one side collapses, making the girls cling to the other side.

They hear laughter from the broken end and look over.

"Those damn squirtles!" Dakota says.

"What?" Melody asks.

"You're such a fake Pokémon fan," Kota rolls her eyes and goes on, "Squirtles are trouble makers, we have to catch them!"

Dakota turns the SnapBack that magically appeared on her head for this one scene backwards so the rim was facing behind her.

The Pokémon theme song started playing in the back as Kota pulled out a poké ball.

Pokémon, gotta catch 'em all!

Dakota throws the red and white ball across the bridge and to the squirtle.

"Ha! Gotcha!" the girl cheered.

Melody blinked repeatedly in utter confusion as Dakota satisfyingly tossed the poké ball in her hand.

The two crossed the bride to see a fake baby sitting right there.

Melody reached down and picked it up. The word "DABDAD" was written across its forehead in sharpie.

"THAT'S MY BABY!" someone screeched in the distance.

A figure approached from the distance and snatched the baby from Mel's hands.

"Weston?" she asks.

"Hey Mel, Kota," he gives the girls a subtle nod, as if the last minute never happened.

"Wes, I'd love to chat, but we need to skip to the next scene. Any last words?" Kota questions.

"Dix out for harambe, peace out," Weston flashes a peace sign and disappears into thin air.

The girls continue on their path to Dora when they finally see her. The short haired girl had her back to Mel and Kota.

"Dora!" Melody squealed and tackled her.

"Guys, it's me BabyAriel."