Blake Gray // Nice To Meet You

requested by @httpUltimateFangirl

I breathe slowly. You, Nevaeh, are about to meet Blake Gray! I squeal. Little did I know, my dreams were about to come true.

. . .

The line to the meet and greet winds around, but I'm too excited to care. I'm one of the only girls without a group of friends. My closest friend who loves Blake too suddenly caught the flu, so I had to come alone.

"Hi," A small girl with long brown wavy hair smiles, "You lonely?"

I smile, "Too excited to be lonely."

"I know! This is a dream come true!" She giggles, "I'm Ally."

"Nevaeh."

Ally and I begin talking and realise we have tons in common. Before we know it, the line has slipped by us and I'm about to meet Blake.

My heart beats faster and faster until I'm numbly walking to the front of the line. After the girls ahead of me take some photos, I stop myself from screaming.

"Hi," I say shyly, ducking my head behind my brown hair.

"Hug?" He asks tentatively.

I hug him, enveloped in warmth. I give Ally my phone to take a few photos with Blake's arm around my waist. Just as we're about to part, he stops me.

"You're really pretty," He smiles down at me, "Are you busy after? I'd love to take more photos."

"No," I respond quietly.

"Blake! We need to keep the line moving!"

"I'll find you after. Just hang around," He promises.

. . .

I wait patiently outside the venue. No matter how long it takes it's worth talking to Blake for a few more seconds.

"Hey!" He jogs up, breathless.

"Hi."

"I don't think I ever got your name."

"Nevaeh. I'm guessing your name is Blake?"

"Hm, good guess," He chuckles, "Thank you for coming to the meet and greet."

"No problem?"

He laughs, "Hey, may I walk you back to your hotel?"

"I'm really close by. It's okay."

"No, it's not a big deal. Besides my hotel is nearby too."

We start walking to the hotel, "You're really nice."

"I hope so. I wouldn't want to be considered rude. Plus, you do seem to enjoy my company."

He laughs, "I do seem to enjoy your company."

"Thank you for making me smile everyday."

"I'm glad to bring happiness to at least one person."

I look up and notice we arrived at my hotel.

"My hotel."

"My hotel."

We laugh.

"I'd love to talk to you more."

"Yeah, me too," I respond.

He writes down his number on a scrap of paper from his pocket.

"Nice to meet you."

» Melody