Weston Koury // After All These Years

requested by @sweetrosslynch

Savannah POV

Today is my first day as an intern at my soon to be college. I'm excited to be doing something I love, even if I miss out normal summer fun.

I head toward the building where I'm supposed to intern when I bump into a guy.

"I'm so sorry! I should have been watching where I was going."

"It's totally fine. You're an intern I'm guessing?"

"Yeah I am, how about you?"

"I am too. I'm excited to finally be doing something I love."

"Me too, I'm Savannah."

"Weston, nice to meet you."

We head into the building together. There, we get the background information on what wi'll be doing and other important paperwork.

"Also, you will have partners. I chose these partners based off of interests the you have wrote down. Since you will be stuck together for the next six weeks, I tried to partner you with someone who you had the most in common with."

I wait as she assigns almost everyone else in the program.

"Now, Savannah, you will be partnered with Weston. I thought you two would be a good match."

Oh, Mrs. Kent, you don't even know.

Weston POV

It's been a week since we first received our partners. Savannah and I immediately clicked. Every night we stay up late in the library chatting about our "projects". She amazes me. I haven't met a girl who is as dedicated to her studies as her.

"We totally aced that last project."

"Well I mean I do have the best partner around."

"Aww thank you," She laughs.

"Always a pleasure."

We laugh together.

-time skip-

"Weston! I can't believe it! Mrs. Kent's face was hilarious when she thought you actually went through with the cliff jumping."

"I almost died! She's definitely my favorite though. After you of course."

"Totally," I watch as she laughs and blushes. I smile at how she can be so modest.

-time skip-

"You know that it won't work right?"

"I can try."

"It won't work."

"Oh shush," I jump at Savannah who screams. I start tickling her and we collapse onto the ground.

On the cool grass we laugh with tears in our eyes.

-time skip-

I watch as she approached her car. Grabbing her hand, I pull her back.

"I have a question. Savannah, I-I was kinda wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me."

"Weston, I'd love to. I really would."

"Great. So 6:30?"

"Sounds fun."

Savannah POV

I get ready for the date and meet Weston. He's all dressed up in a nice collard tee and khakis.

"There's an awesome restaurant with dancing tonight."

"Sure," I'm so nervous for this date. I haven't met someone like Weston before; he's so much like me but so not.

The restaurant is decorated with the under the stars theme. We order our food when Weston grabs my hand and pulls me out of my seat.

"Weston-"

"Let's dance!"

I give in as he pulls me on. We dance together, my arms wrapped around him neck. Although the room is sort of full, it only feels like us.

"Savannah, you're amazing, I absolutely enjoy spending every minute with you, and I was wondering if you'd be my girlfriend?"

"I'd love to, but I really need to focus on my career, Weston. I'm sorry."

I can't believe I just said that. Weston nods and wipes away my tears.

"It's okay, I understand and respect your choices. We still have time."

"Thank you," I whisper.

-Four years later-

I've graduated college with a very good degree and currently have many job offers. Sorting though them has been hard, but I think I finally made a decision.

I head home after accepting the job when I find a bouquet of flowers by my door. What.

I pick it up and pull open the door.

"WESTON!" I cry at the sight of him.

"Savannah, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Weston, I'd love to," I hug him and we cry together.

"After all these years."

» Melody