Bryce Hall // I Can't Fall in Love Without You

disclaimer: swearing and drinking
this is a dark imagine, so please read if you are okay with profanities, violence, and drinking

Little a/n: Italics are memories in the past. I tried to keep them sequential but at some points they do skip around. Normal text is current day, so they are both remembering moments from the relationship.

i can't fall in love without you by zara larsson (lyrics centered)

I feel so happy
Happy that I'm free

She collapses onto the ground, shaking. She leans against the wall, crouching so that her face is hidden. Her hair falls down her back in sticky waves. In her mind, she replays the scene over and over again, which only deepens the wound.

And I can see things
Things I couldn't see

Her mind races through all the memories, all the nights he hurt her. She realizes how toxic he was from the beginning and how badly she wanted to help him.

She remembers how she used to see how vulnerable he was inside, how weak he was. She remembers understanding his pain and listening to his words.

It never turned toxic in her head; she never realized it, and when she did, it was too late.

I can be out every night
No one else holdin' me down
I can do just what I like

"Where the hell have you been?" Bryce staggers into the room. It was the first night she found him like this.

Her hands shake as she approaches him, "Bryce, you're drunk. Please," She reaches for his hand, but he swats her away.

"Don't you dare touch me," He leans up against the nearest wall. His eyes are dark and stormy. His hair is a mess as he sways slightly, "Where the hell have you been?" He asks louder this time.

"I told you," She takes a calming breath, "I needed to study for finals at the library."

"Don't lie to me, y/n," Bryce growls. His words are deep and low, "You can't play me. You leave me alone every night so that I'm lonely as hell. You fuc—"

She's shaking, "Bryce," She whispers, "I love you," She mutters the only words she can say to calm him. He turns around abruptly, muttering incoherent words under his breath.

But I can't fall in love without you

She follows his gaze through the crowd to the small group of girls. His eyes trail over a tall, blonde's body.

"Bryce," She says, ignoring his lusting eyes, "Do you want lemonade?" Her voice cracks a bit, and she blinks once before turning away from him.

"Yeah, sure," He responds absentmindedly, "I'll be right back," He mutters behind her. She quietly orders their drinks, not daring to turn around and look at where he's gone.

I can't fall in love without you

Her breathing steadies. Her heart beats rhythmically, and she listens to the empty sound of her apartment.

She looks at the small photograph perched on a nearby table: the photo of her moving in. Bryce carries three boxes stacked up, and his head peaks out from behind them. She's taking the top one off of his pile carefully. They're both smiling and laughing.