Julian Jara // Stressed

requested by @lovely-kitty
In this imagine you are both in your twenties and live in an apartment together.

I work for a big law firm and I was assigned to an especially difficult case. The man I'm defending is innocent, and I have the proof. Everyone in the jury is too stubborn and biased to listen. I can't watch this innocent man go to jail for like for a crime he didn't commit. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time! You can't blame him for that! On top of that I accidentally spilt my coffee on the barista this morning, I felt so bad. And I have triple the amount of paperwork to complete than usual. Also, Julian can't cook so I have to make him dinner when I get home. Shoot! I have a meeting tomorrow morning too! My car broke down earlier and I had to get it towed to the company, which meant I needed to walk home. And of course, it started pouring rain right then and there. I'm currently soaked from head to toe and have a massive headache. I finally get to Julian and I's apartment and insert the key into the lock. My keys fall to the ground and I kneel down to pick them up while sighing. I place the keys back into the lock and it won't unlock. After three minutes, the door finally opens. I step inside and slip off my heels. I go upstairs to change into some more comfortable clothes. Of course my favorite pajama top is in the laundry. I slip on some back leggings and a lightweight cropped hoodie. I head back downstairs to the kitchen. Reaching into the fridge, I take out some ice cream. I fill it into a bowl and carry it towards the couch. On my way to our living room, I stub my toe against the counter and drop my bowl. It hits the ground with a loud crash. It shatters on the ground. That's it. I can't take it anymore. I burst into tears in the middle of the kitchen. I feel warm arms wrap around me immediately.
"Shh, don't cry baby. It's just ice cream."
"It's not just the ice cream!"
Julian frowns and rubs my back.
"What is it then?"
I ignore him as tears freely flowed from my eyes.
"Carrington, what's wrong?"
I cry harder. Julian leans down and places one arm under my knees, the other around my back. He picks me up bridal style and places me on his lap while sitting on the couch himself. He rocks me back and fourth in his lap while whispering soothing things in my ear.
"Everything will be alright."
"You're too beautiful to cry."
"I love your smile."
I calm down and tell him how my day went.
"It's okay princess. Right now, you're home with me. As long as you're in my arms, nothing bad will happen."
I sniffle and snuggle into my boyfriend's chest. He kisses the top of my head and runs his fingers through my hair. I listen to the sound of his heartbeat and fall into a peaceful sleep, not before hearing Julian whisper into my ear, "I love you."

» Dakota