Hunter Rowland // Game Night

Everyone impatiently waits for the clock to strike 3:00. It's 2:57 and everyone is ready to bolt out the classroom. It's Friday, but not any Friday, it's football Friday. The biggest night during football season. Our school's football team plays our rival school's tonight. My boyfriend, Hunter Rowland, happens to be our school's quarterback.

ring ring ring

The classroom and hallways erupt in joy as the students run for the doors. I walk to my locker and get what I need for homework. I put it in my backpack and sling my bag over my shoulder. Just as I shut my locker, Hunter comes beside me. We live a couple blocks from each other so we always walk home together. The whole walk home Hunter was rambling about the big game.

"Hunter! Calm down, you'll do great like you always do. I promise."
"Thanks, I'll see you at the game, bye y/n," Hunter kisses my cheek as we approach my house.
"Bye Hunter, good luck!" I walk to my doorstep and make my way upstairs after grabbing a snack.

I finish homework and check the time. An hour before the game starts. I get dressed into an outfit with our school's colors and grab my phone. I walk over to the Rowland's house and knock. Brandon opens up.

"Hey y/n, ready to go?" Brandon is walking to the game with me since Hunter is already at the field warming up. 
"Yeah, let's go."

We get to the field and Brandon finds his friends while I find mine. I look over to where the boys are practicing. Our rivals look more than ready while Hunter looks beyond worried. I hop the railing and run onto the field. Hunter sees me and walks over.

"y/n, I thought I could do this but I don't know anymore. I could let the whole team down!" Hunter panicked.
"Hunter, I know you. When you put your mind to something you succeed. And your team has your back no matter what. They are your best friends, almost like brothers, they will be proud no matter if you win or lose. So get out there and play as hard as you can!" I kiss his cheek and run back to the bleachers.

The game starts. I hope Hunter does well.

It's half time and our rivals are one point ahead. The cheerleaders do their routine while the team gets a pep talk from coach. Come on Hunter, you got this.

The whole school intently watches the game, waiting for our school to score a touchdown. And sure enough, they do. The crowd stands up and cheers as our team huddles up congratulating each other, we won! Hunter jumps over the railing and walks up to me. He takes off his helmet and gives me a sweet kiss.

"Thank you y/n, I couldn't have done this without you by my side."
"I knew you could do this."

» Dakota