Mario Selman // Insecure

You might not realize it, but you are beautiful. Each and every one of you.

Y/E/C: your eye color
Y/S/C: your skin color
Y/H/C: your hair color

I stared into my full body mirror and lifted up my shirt. My figure was not goals.

My pathetic attempt at a flat stomach kept me from going to that pool party today with my boyfriend Mario and his friends.

I hate my acne and wish it would just go away. I honestly don't understand what Mario could possibly see in me.

My Y/E/C eyes don't shine like other girls eyes do. Doing my hair is a struggle in itself. My Y/H/C locks aren't smooth and silky like I want them to be. And my Y/S/C skin tone is definitely not how I want it.

I turn my attention away from the mirror and to my phone where my Instagram account is pulled up.

Supporters kept tweeting Mario pictures of this girl that they ship him with. She is 10x as pretty as I am.

"Hey babe! Wait, what are you doing?"

I quickly pull down my shirt and look towards my bedroom door.

"Mario," I say awkwardly, "I thought you would be out later."

"You really think I'd rather be out there for hours without you than here with you?"

I shrugged in response.

"But seriously, what were you doing?"

"Nothing, Mario."

He glances down at my phone and in one swift moment takes it from my hand.

"Are you jealous of this girl?" Mario smirks as he points to her picture.

"N-No," a tear falls from my eye as I quickly try to wipe it away, but not fast enough.

Mario's smirk immediately leaves his face, "Babe, what's wrong?"

He holds me in his arms and rocks me back and forth.

"You're too good for me," I mumble into his chest.

"No way, you make me a better person."

"Mario, there are thousands of prettier girls out there for you," I state.

"Oh, that's what this is about. You don't think you're pretty, do you?"

I shake my head no.

"What makes you think you're not pretty?"

I start off by saying, "I'm insecure about my acne, my hair, my eyes, my nose, my stomach, thighs, everything. I'm not the perfect body type that you deserve."

Mario kneels down on both knees and places his hands on my waist. He gently lifts up my shirt and kisses my torso.

He stands up and leaves a trail of kisses from my collar bone, up my jawline, and to my forehead.

"Everywhere that I just kissed, you are beautiful in. Even the places I didn't. You are beautiful, no gorgeous, inside and out. And guess what Y/N? I love you for that."

"Mario, I love you so much."

He smiles and connects his lips with mine. He pulls apart and touches our foreheads together.

"You truly are the most stunning person I have ever met, baby."

This was so bad, I'm sorry :(

» Dakota