Bryce Hall // Homework

"C'mon let's go out and play!" Bryce begs.

"After we finish our homework," I reply, staring at my puppy eyed boyfriend.

"Please, Y/N?"

"Don't you have math homework?"

"Yea but I also have a girlfriend. Math can wait."

I roll my eyes in reply and go back to studying for history. I can see Bryce moving out of the corner of my eye.

"Bryce, can't you ever focus on your homework?"

"Not when I'm studying with someone so beautiful," He says flirtatiously.

"If you can't focus, I guess I have to call off the rest of our study dates."

"No! Don't do that!"

"Then do your homework."

"But it's so sunny out! And beautiful just like-"

"If you leave me alone and focus, I'll buy you ice cream," I state, cutting him off. I'm totally tired of all of his excuses.

"Really?"

I nod. "Now shush."

He immediately goes back to his math homework. I take a deep breath. I can finally study for the huge test. I flip mindlessly through my notecards when I hear a faint whisper. "Y/N," Bryce whispers. I turn back to my flashcards, "Psst, Y/N," He whispers again.

"What do you want, Bryce?" I snap. At this point, I'm pretty annoyed.

"I need help with math," He says quickly.

"What do you need help with?" I ask impatiently.

"How do you graph this?"

"Well it's a second degree polynomial so you plug in the x-values they give you into the equation to find the y-values."

"So ax^2+bx+c and plug in the x-value 7?"

"Yea. That gives you coordinates. Then you graph it."

"Like this?"

I glance at his paper,"Perfect!"

"Like you," He says coming in for a kiss, but I turn away. He pouts to the side as I turn back to my notecard. I sit in the silence for a few minutes, trying to remember the definition of ratification.

"Y/N."

What does he want now?

"Y/N."

"What!?" I nearly shout.

"I love you," Bryce says shyly. I smile as all my anger melts away.

"I love you too."

» Melody