Zach Clayton // Perfect Moment

requested by @layaclayton

"Leya!"

I smile at the sound of Zach's mom on the phone, "Is everything alright, honey?"

"Everything is fine, I swear. I just have to talk about something . . ."

"Of course, anything."

"I was wondering if I could surprise Zach on tour. I've been missing him like crazy and I don't know who to contact about this. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be a lifesaver."

"That's so sweet! Actually, I can definitely help. I know he's been a little down because you two haven't been together lately."

I blush over the phone. Zach is the cutest.

"I'll text you the information for his tour and you can do that planning. Make sure to send videos to me!"

"Of course. Thank you so much for helping!"

I hang up, a smile growing on my face. I get to see Zach again!

. . .

My heart pounds as I board the plane.

To Mark, Loren: Boarding plane now

From Mark: Aight, see you soon.

And now for the plane ride. I sigh, pulling out earphones.

. . .

The uber picks me up from the airport as I wait impatiently. In less than hour I'll see Zach again. I scroll mindlessly through Instagram.

From Zach: I miss you. About to start the show. FaceTime after?

To Zach: Of course.

The uber stops at the venue, and sure enough, high pitched girl screams echo from the building. Mark is waiting outside a closed door.

"Leya!" He smiles, pulling me into a quick hug.

"Mark, aren't you on soon?"

"I said I wasn't feel well and wanted some fresh air. Promise them I'd be in for my part," He checked his phone, "Which is now."

I follow him into the dark backstage. Loren suffocates me in a hug, followed by the rest of the tour. We laugh.

"Zach has been down the past week. Hopefully you bring his hopes up."

I nod and follow Loren and Mark. Zach is performing a song onstage. I watch as he ends, the crowd screaming.

"Leya, it's your turn to go on," Loren nudges me with a microphone.

I take a deep breath and approach Zach from behind. The crowd falls silent.

Then, in one big gasp, the noise bursts through the roof.

"Hello, everyone! I was just stopping bye to say hi to-"

"Leya!" Zach screams, running toward me. He picks me up and spins me around quickly.

"It's so nice to see you," I giggle to him. He gently puts me down before pressing his lips against mine. My eyes flutter a bit. Perfect. A perfect moment.

» Melody