Zach Clayton // Two Months Later

requested by @LaurenWuz

Zach stands in front of me with a bouquet of my favorite flowers, my favorite candy, a giant teddy bear, and a genuine apology.

"Zach...why come to me two months later?" I ask.

"Two months of hell, Lauren. I've been terrible without you. A second chance is all I ask, it'll never happen again."

My mind flashed back to what happened two months ago.

"You're such a bitvh! All you ever do is complain about my fans!" my drunken boyfriend yells at me.

"What are you talking about, Zach?"

"I could do so much better than you, and yet I've stayed with you for two years. Two years wasted, Lauren."

"Zach, you're drunk. Just go to bed and we'll deal with this in the morning," I calmly tell him, hiding my fear from the way he's acting.

"No!" He slaps me across the face.

I can't do this. He's been getting drunk for the past two weeks, but hitting me, I'm not going to put up with that.

"I'm leaving. I hope you're happy," I cry.

"Wait, Lauren," he trails off.

The memory causes chills to shiver down my body.

Here he is, two months later, at my doorstep, claiming to be a different man.

"How do I know you've changed?" I cautiously ask.

"I threw away all my alcohol and I swear that I regret that day more than anything. I love you so much and what I did was out of anger for the hate on the internet. I was stupid and I took it out on you. I'm so sorry Lauren."

"I love you Zach, always have and always will. But buying me all this stuff isn't going to make me trust you."

"I know it won't, but I can't prove that I love you without getting a second chance. I'm not saying that we start dating again. We can start out slow. Please Lauren. I know you deserve better but I can't go on without you."

As much as Zach hurt me, I need him. He's my other half, and I'm better with him.

"Fine. One more chance, but don't screw it up."

He smiles after hearing those words,  "I won't. I'll never hurt you again. Promise."

It's been years since then and we're married now with our first child. He definitely kept his promise and now I'm Mrs. Lauren Clayton.

» Dakota