Joey Birlem // Unforgettable

i just used a random name for the friend.

Y/N POV

"We're so close to them!" my best friend, Lydia, squeals.

I look across at all the supporters that are hugging Joey and Charles with wide smiles on their faces. Then, I glance down at my shaking hands.

"Lydia, I don't think I can do this," I tell her.

She looks at me in confusion, "But, meeting Joey is your dream."

Sighing, I look back at Joey embracing his fans, "I'm too nervous. You know how anxious I feel around large crowds. This is my one and only chance to meet him, and my nerves will probably make me screw it up."

"You were so excited! Are you sure you can't be here?" she asks me, her voice full of concern.

I frown, "I really need to catch some air before I get too much anxiety, but you have fun meeting Charles, okay?"

Lydia gives me a saddened look, "Okay, I guess. Feel better, alright?"

I smile at her and get out of line to exit the building. I find a small staircase behind the building where no one is.

While I wait for Lydia, I put in my earphones and listen to my favorite music to calm me down.

Lydia POV

I watch Y/N rush out of the building and turn back around to see it's my turn to meet Joey and Charles.

"Hey, what's your name?" Charles asks me as he pulls me into a tight hug.

I smile into the hug, "Lydia."

Joey smiles and hugs me as well, "It's nice to meet you, Lydia."

We take some photos and Charles chuckles, "So, who's your favorite?"

I laugh, "Sorry, Joey, but Charles is the greatest."

Charles smirks and puts his arms around me again. I hold onto him and speak again, "But my best friend, Y/N, likes Joey better."

"Is she the girl you were with in line?" Joey asks.

I nod my head, "Yeah, too bad she was too nervous to meet you."

"Do I make her nervous?" Joey inquires again.

I shrug, "It's a bit overwhelming to meet the guy who changed your life."

Joey lightly blushes, "Maybe I could give her a little video message."

"That'd be awesome!"

I take my phone and film Joey.

"Hey, Y/N!" Joey smiles and waves at the camera, "I wish you were here so I could give you a hug!"

Charles pops up behind Joey and into the frame, "Yeah, we love you, Y/N!"

I laugh and end the video, "She'll love this. Thank you."

We give each other our final hugs, and I leave the building to go find Y/N.

Y/N POV

"Hey," my best friend says, getting my attention.

I pause my music and pull out my earphones, "How was it?"

She smiles, "It was amazing. I got something for you."

"What is it?"

Sitting beside me, Lydia opens up her phone and pulls up the video. As Joey's voice fills the air, I can't hold back the huge smile that comes over me.

Lydia and I decide to go to the mall for the rest of the afternoon. We wander around trying to choose a store to go to when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around and see Charles and Joey. Lydia smiles warmly at them.

"You two are Lydia and Y/N, right?" Charles asks, "I remember you from the meet and greet."

I shyly back away, so Lydia is in front of me. However, Lydia leaves my guard to embrace Charles in a hug.

Joey smiles at me, "I heard I was your favorite."

Glancing at the ground, I stumble out a quiet, "Yeah."

He pulls me into a hug, and I hesitantly wrap my arms around his torso.

Joey chuckles, "Don't be nervous, love, it's just me."

"Thank you for the video."

He smiles, not letting me go, "I had to do something for you."

I don't say anything, I just hold onto him tighter.

His voice whispers one last thing to me, "The moment I saw you, you were unforgettable."

my imagines have crappy endings lmao.

» dakota