Daniel Seavey // Kiss You This Christmas

The golden sunlight dips below the horizon, filling my room with orange light. I carefully pull my hair up into a tight bun, pinning the ends tightly against my head.

I turn toward my closet, flipping through the three possible outfits. A low hum drums out of my lips.

Two arms snake around my shoulders, embracing me warmly. A faint smile plays across my lips.

"Merry Christmas," Daniel whispers into my ear warmly, kissing my temple.

My boyfriend of a year continues hugging me.

"Better yet," I respond quietly, "Happy anniversary."

"How did I get so lucky?" He hums aloud, taking my hand. He spins me around, and I smile.

I sigh, "What am I supposed to wear?"

"Anything," Daniel sits next to me on my bed, "You always look beautiful."

I blush, still not used to his comments, "I'm serious. I'm meeting your family today."

"But," He responds quickly, "My parents and siblings adore you, and my aunts and uncles are basically the same."

"That doesn't help," I pout.

"I meant," He kisses my cheek, "They'll love you," Then, I watch as the boy I fell in love with so many years ago picks a random outfit out of the closet.

"Here," He says, handing me a long black skirt and red cropped sweater, "You'll look stunning," He winks, "I'll get out now."

I laugh at his antics before quickly changing. He takes my hand as we head down the stairs. Opening the door for me, I smile, remembering one year ago, at this door.

All my life Daniel Seavey had been the next door neighbor. We didn't talk much, just exchanged small talk. He would come over to drop of sweets from his mother, and I would walk over to do the same. Our exchanges were quick but sweet. He always came to my events, whether it was the school play or a school project or club. We could count on the Seaveys.

I crushed on him for a long time, always jittery and jumpy whenever he came around. Then, one night, he dropped some treats off, and me being the only one home opened the door. We talked for an hour, talking about everything, sharing our thoughts. The time flew by, and we connected. We would share occasional conversations from then on, but when Daniel joined his band, we only saw each other when he visited home.

All the while, we would text and be sort-of friends, but his constant loving and caring demeanor had me hooked. I fell in love with Daniel Seavey, the boy with millions of fans, the boy who traveled around the world, the boy who was extremely talented.

Never in a million years would I have expected to open the door on Christmas Eve in sweatpants and a hoodie to Daniel at my doorstep. Never in a million years would I have dreamed that we would share a long night of Christmas movies and hot chocolate, and never in a million years would I expect Christmas to always have a special place in my heart.

After the long night of Christmas movies and laughs, he returned home, and his visit was forever imprinted in my mind. The next day, Christmas Day, the Seaveys, like usual, joined us for the Christmas feast. All day, my parents were busy, running around to cook dinner and clean the house.

The doorbell rung, and I sprung to the door, "I got it!"

Opening the door, cool air hit me, "y/n!" Mrs. Seavey smiled warmly, a plate of sugar cookies in her hands, "Merry Christmas!"

I let them in, not daring to look at Daniel yet. We shared some hugs. Until finally, I looked up, meeting Daniel's eyes. For the rest of the night, his eyes were magnets. He would crack a joke, watching me, and I would laugh.

The night was winding down, and Anna and I, as usual, slipped out onto my front steps. We would sit there in the dark talking. It was a tradition. We weren't close friends, enough to trust each other and share laughs. The next hour we spent talking until someone stuck their head out of the door.

"You're going to catch a cold," Daniel commented worriedly.

"That's what you say every year," Anna replied sarcastically. We followed him into the living room, where our parents were talking. I slipped into the dining room to grab the three of us cookies, but Daniel followed.

He reached out, grabbing my hand, "Hey," He said quietly, looking up.

"What?" I asked, stepping closer to him to see what he was looking at.

"Mistletoe," Daniel winked while pointing up.

"How clichè, Seavey," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

Taking both of my hands, he leaned down, "Can I kiss you this Christmas?"

I nodded, at a loss for words. My heart sped up. Our lips met, softly, sweetly.

I smile at the memory. The boy I am so lucky to have with me every moment made Christmas even more special.

"You okay?" Daniel asks, pulling me from the memory.

I smile, "Merry Christmas."

He stops at the doorway, looking up.

"Mistletoe."

"How clichè, Seavey," I respond immediately. He smiles at this, taking both of my hands.

"Can I kiss you this Christmas?" He whispers, and before he can get an answer, his lips are on mine.

"Merry Christmas, love," He says after pulling away.

"Merry Christmas," I whisper.

this isn't as great as i hoped it would turn out, but it put me in the christmas spirit! :)
» melody