Simon Britton // Starbucks

requested by @Sam21303

"Nathan," I lean against the wall, waiting for him to pick up.

"Sammy," Nathan responds groggily.

"Shoot," I check my watch, "Sorry, sorry. I did not realize it is 2 a.m."

"Congrats," Nathan responds sarcastically, "What's up?"

"I want to surprise Simon," I cross my fingers, hoping Nathan volunteers to help. I need someone to distract him for a day so that I can surprise him.

"You've come to the right person," Nathan responds, more awake this time, "What's the plan?"

. . .

Nathan pushes open the door to Starbucks. I follow him in.

"I really don't want Starbucks. You should just order something," I mutter, following him into the line.

"Fine, Simon. Go wait by the drinks."

"Great," I move out of line and stand against a wall. There is a constant movement of people as the baristas run around. The line winds throughout the store: I guess this time of day is when everyone wants Starbucks. Going onto my phone, I text Sammy while waiting for Nathan. 

I've been on tour for a month and a half, and although we text and FaceTime quite often, it isn't the same as always being together. Adjusting to me being gone has been hard, but nevertheless, I am so happy to be with such an amazing girl and am counting down the days until we see each other again.

Sammy and I first met at a Starbucks, which is why the chain always has a special place in my heart. She was studying in our local Starbucks when I stopped by. She had just ordered a drink, and I'd accidentally picked it up, thinking it was mine. Immediately, she tapped me on the shoulder, wondering why I was taking her drink. As soon as I laid eyes on her, I was captured by her beauty, and after apologizing a million times and buying her a new drink, she let the incident go. We talked for a bit, and I asked for her number. From then on, we texted constantly. Together, we were perfect.

It wasn't until months later that I had the guts to make a move. We planned to hang out, but as soon as she entered the child atmosphere of Starbucks, I knew that I needed to make her my girlfriend. When she said yes, I was overjoyed. I wouldn't stop talking about Sammy. I fell for her so quickly that it is all a blur.

"Okay, I regret waiting in that line," Nathan sighs, joining me.

"Who knew it would be this busy?" I ask.

"Simon!" A barista calls.

I look around, confused.

"Did you order something?" I ask Nathan. He shrugs, but before I can grab my drink a girl jumps out and takes it. I freeze.

"Wait," I watch the familiar figure talk animatedly to the barista, who is grinning, "Sammy!"

The girl, obviously not hearing me, finishes her conversation with the barista.

"Nathan," I turn back around to face him, "That wasn't—"

"It was," Someone says, tapping me on the shoulder. In her hands is a drink as she grins widely.

"What are you doing here?" I stare at her blankly, but I can't help but grin. Before she can respond, I wrap my arms around my girlfriend, "You are absolutely insane," I whisper in her ear.

She laughs, hugging me, "I missed you so much," She responds.

"I missed you more," I say before kissing her gently on the lips. She wraps her arms around neck as I wrap my arms around her waist. I've missed her; I've missed this.

I've missed the way she blushes whenever I compliment her. I've missed the way she feels in my arms. I've missed everything.

"You even planned Starbucks?" I laugh, pulling away. She smiles, with her arms around my neck.

Instead of respond, she kisses me once more, "Yeah, I planned this. I missed you too much."

"I don't know what to say," I smile, "Except, I love you."

Her eyes widen at this, but she grins even wider, "I love you, Simon."

At these words, I pull her closer again.

"Who knew Starbucks would bring us together," She laughs, inches away from my face.

"Who knew," I respond.

I stare into her eyes, the girl who I have loved for so long. The girl who never ceases to amaze me, who never ceases to make me smile. The girl who cares so much about me. The girl who I love to death.

» melody