Jonas Bridges // The Fountain

requested by @Liv_swagger03

I bury my face into Jonas's sweatshirt, "I hate my life."

He laughs, "Why?"

"You're so mean to me. You embarrass me and-"

"Are you upset because I teased you about not having a first kiss?"

"Maybe," I sigh, "Why did you do that?"

He rolls his eyes, smirking, "And what are best friends for?"

"Shut up," I gently slap his shoulder.

"I will. Because this movie is really good and I don't want to miss it."

"You're supposed to apologize," I whine.

He ignores me, attempting to be intrigued by the movie. I sigh, moving away from him on the couch.

"Where are you going?" He demands.

"Away from a snob like you," And, with that, he's up and running, chasing me around the house. Down the halls, in and out or rooms.

I sprint into my room and jump out the open window, landing on wet grass. Skills.

"You're kidding!" Jonas cries from the window. I hear his footsteps tailing to what I assume the front door is. Using my lead, I head down the street and cut left through my neighbors yard. Her backyard borders a beautiful park. The sunlight that is fading, and fading fast, allows me to navigate through the park. I sprint past the fancy, too-expensive, restaurant that couples are enjoying their dates at and hold back the idea of me and Jonas ever sitting there together. Outside the restaurant, there's a small fountain, and if you sit on the ledge of the fountain, a light mist falls upon you.

I see a blonde head making it's way through the park. Giving up at the fountain, I sit down to catch my breath.

"Alivia!" He shouts angrily, immediately getting stares from the people dining outside, "Sorry," He covers up, "Continue being romantic."

I giggle, "But you, are in trouble."

That stops my giggling, "What? I didn't do anything," I say, faking innocence.

"You know what you did."

"Sorry," I resent.

He laughs and sits beside me. For a minute, it's silent.

"Stand up," He demands.

"Why?"

"Just do it."

I stand up, "No, Alivia, on the ledge."

Oh no. I follow his instructions, and soon, he joins me.

"What?" I ask, scared that he's going to push me.

"I believe it's raining," He refers to the mist from the fountain, "And it's night."

"Which means I'm supposed to do this," He rests his hand on my cheek, leading my face to his. Gently, his lips press against mine.

We pull away, and a small aww emanates from the onlookers.

Suddenly, I falling, attempting to regain balance I grab Jonas's sweatshirt. We crash into the water together.

He emerges, laughing.

"I am so sorry," Then, I realise something, "Your phone!"

"It's fine," He hugs me, "You're worth it."

And then, he presses his lip against mine again.

» Melody