Lucas Friar // Never Be Alone

I understand this isn't a YouNow imagine but this idea popped into my head. I created this based on my obsession with rucas. but, I know some people (*cough* Dakota *cough*) prefer lucaya. I leave it up to you.
Never Be Alone by Shawn Mendes (the lyrics aren't in order in the imagine)

"Daddy?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Can I sleep here tonight?"

"Sure," He smiles, moving over.

Bridget slides into the cool sheets. Lucas smiles, cradeling her head. A single cricket can be heard.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, princess?"

"Do you miss her?"

"I do, everyday," He smiles down at Bridget, caressing her sheet gently. A small light flickers within her eye. He looks at her, a memory breathing.

"I love you, daddy," Her small arms wrap around his torso.

"I love you more, princess," He gently kisses her nose.

"And you too, mommy," Bridget turns to her mom.

"I love you, sweetie."

Bridget cuddles into the warmth of her parents.

"Goodnight, beautiful," Lucas caresses Bridget's cheek. She smiles at him with brown eyes.

"I do too," Bridget pauses, "Would she be proud?"

"Proud? Of you?"

She nods, uncertainly. Lucas smiles, "She'd be more than proud. She'd be amazed."

"Why?"

He stares at Bridget.

"You're here, working hard in college on the path to great success, and you have stood for what you believe in. You're hopes and dreams never left you."

"My-my descion to say yes. Is that okay?"

"Honey, you have grown up. I understand what it feels like to fall in love. She's an amazing choice. You two fell in love. There's nothing we can do to stop it."

"Would Mom be proud?"

"Proud of you? She was always a sucker for love and romance," Lucas's eyes become unfocused, "Honey, you found your true love, and that's all that matters. You two will go far and I trust that every moment you'll cherish," His voice cracked, "And cherish them. Because sometimes it's gone too fast."

Bridget bravely put on a smile. She buried her head into his shoulder. Lucas slowly took off a necklace he has worn since her passing.

"I-I think we need something to remind each other," He looked at his beautiful daughter, all grown up, "She's never gone from us."

Slowly, he placed a bird necklace on her neck. The metal glistened in the moonlight.

"Fly, and when you miss me just close you're eyes. I may be far but never gone," A single tear trickles down Lucas's cheek, "That's what she told me when she gave this to me," He whispered into the night.

Bridget shook with quiet tears.

"So when we are apart. You'll never be alone."

» Melody