Chapter 7

Jack's POV

.... that I had truly screwed up her whole life and I felt horrible about it. I know it's too late but still it broke my heart that I finally realized what I had caused.

After some hours, everyone had been able to spend some time with her except me.... and I was truly rethinking about going inside again just to see the mess I had made.

I saw everyone walk out of Danielle's room and towards me.

"We are gonna go out and get some food and talk we will be back" my dad quietly said into my ear.

"Why can't I go?"I asked

"Talking about grown up stuff" he replied.

I sighed and sat down.

Once they left, I got up and walked toward Danielle's room door. I hesitated before finally opening it. I walked in and saw her.... Danielle.. I felt tears starting to build up in my eyes. I didn't even care because I promised myself to let my feelings be shown and plus I didn't have to hide them since I was all alone.

I walked over to the chair that was next to Danielle's bed. I hesitated at first but I grabbed her hand gently and placed it on top of mine and it felt right.

"Danielle I know you can't hear me right now but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am" I said

"Not only was I mean to you but so was the whole school because of me and now you won't have any of those great memories to tell your children or grandchildren or even to remember upon. I was only ever mean to you because you broke my heart in 8th grade when I asked you out and you took my best friend away from me, I cried myself to sleep the whole week. I know it's a dumb reason for me to start bullying but at the time I didn't see it as that I only saw it as harmless pay back. I'm truly sorry." I added.

I felt many hot tears beginning to stream down my cheeks but it didn't matter right now.

Danielle's POV
(No one saw that one coming or at least I don't think so)

Once I had awaken, I had seen that I wasn't back in reality but in my head and I could hear everything.

Ever night , I would listen to all of the conversations that anyone had with me. But I could never find a way to move so it felt just being stuck and not being able to communicate with anyone.

The only persons that had had a conversation with me was my parents, the Doctor of course and Jacks parents.

Right now I hear my mom talking to me and then my dad, then David and finally Katherine.

My parents told me about how much they missed me and wished they had me back already.

As in for Katherine and David, they were telling how perfect me and him would be together. I didn't really know who.

And that was it. Or that's what I supposed.

I felt my hand being held by someone else's and I couldn't figure out who. Then, they started talking and I knew exactly who it was. It was..... Jack.

I thought he was going to make fun of me or even try to kill me but instead I learned why he felt so much hate towards me, I had broken his heart and at such a young age and stole his best friend away from him. I hate myself. I can't believe why I ever did that. I know what he did to me as pay back was much worst but still I felt horrible. I feel like now that he has confessed to me so much I could actually learn to forgive him.

Seconds later, Jack kept on speaking before stopping and thinking before he said something.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I only bullied you because of payback but most importantly being scared of falling in love with you even if you.... Even if you....broke my heart." He said

I heard him sniffle which made me think about him crying which only made me more sad.

"Danielle I'm scared to say this so soon and at this time but I think I'm....im.... Im..

Jack's POV

I took a second thinking about what I was about to say before I say it. But finally it came out of me...

"Danielle, I'm.... I'm .... Still in love with you.." I said finally letting myself loose which made me cry harder.

"I'm sorry " I added.

I finally gave her hand a light squeeze before I kissed her hand and her forehead. Before I released her hand, I felt her squeeze mine. I shot up from my seat from excitement and ran out to the hall to inform the doctors. Once I did, I ran back to the room and sat next to her again. Right when I grabbed both her hands, her eyes shot open. I almost had a heart attack of how this happened.

She was probably listening to the conversation I was having with her, I thought to myself. She opened her eyes when I was with her not with her parents or mine but with me..... Why me though?

Danielle's POV

I tried moving my leg but nothing worked. Finally I had found a way to make my hand squeeze Jack's. I knew he felt it. Moments later, I opened my eyes and saw Jack staring down at me with pure sadness and love filling his eyes. Right now I realized something that would probably change my whole life, but it was worth it. I realized that I was in love with the boy in front of me.

Jack's POV

I stared into her eyes for like 5 seconds until I realized how deeply and madly In love I was with her.

________________________________________________

If you guys have any ideas for the story, tell me and I'll more than likely incorporate them in.