Chapter 95

Danielle's POV

December 5, 2017

Thank you to everyone who showed here today to show respect to my father, Michael Claire. May he Rest In Peace, but before I try to forget, let me share a few memories of this inspiring man.

2 days before.

"Noo!" My mom yelled.

"Mom?" I asked scared of her response.

The nurse and I rushed to her, as she sat on the floor with her face covered.

"Mom, whats wrong?" I cried.

"Yo-your fa-father d-died!" She sobbed.

I froze.

My father, the only man I can trust and depend on when I need someone the most. He's been with me throughout my whole pregnancy and I let him down, I couldn't even give him a grandchild before he died.

I probably killed him with all my problems.

"Ma'am, you have been dismissed. You can go see your father," the lady shook me awake.

I walked over to my mother and accompanied my her to see my father. My bare feet touched the cold hard ground but that didn't stop me from going.

As we kept walking, everyone gave us confused looks. I ignored all of them as I was only able to picture my father.

"Are you ready?" My mom lowly asked once we stood in front of his room.

I nodded my head.

We stepped in and noticed my father. He didn't have a smile on his face anymore, nor will he ever. He looked so fragile as his eyes were closed shut and his arms laid on each side of his body. All the color in him was gone. I grabbed a hold of his hand as I knelt down and broke down.

I prayed he would move his hand but after hours of holding onto him, he didn't and I had lost all hope in life.

"Ma'am, were gonna have to ask you leave. We have to prepare this room for an upcoming patient," the young man said.

"No, please don't take him away from him,"

"Dani, lets go," my mom weakly said.

"Noo, please!" I sobbed as my mom guided me out the door.

The next day

Yesterday, my father died and so did part of me.

My mother was trying to stay strong for us but I knew that at any second she would break.

I've spent my whole time crying and I haven't even gotten any sleep.

I know my dad would be disappointed in us if he saw us right now. He said that if anything ever happened, he wanted us to recover but to learn to be happy.

His funeral is tomorrow.

But in fact, I'm still not ready nor will I ever be ready to say goodbye.