Chapter 96

Danielle's POV

February 29 2018

Months have passed, and I happened to turn into a new person. A new person that I did not want to be associated with.

My moms spends most of her time trying to keep up my fathers company. I know she's stressed but she won't let me help. She wants me to continue with my studies when I didn't care about anything but her.

She wasn't really home as much anymore and I wasn't either.

I spent most of my time, drinking and partying as I didn't care about anything anymore.

Louis and I decided taking things slow and take a break since our schedules didn't correspond to each other.

As for jack, he is still with his girlfriend Sophia and they seem very happy. I even heard rumors of him wanting to propose to her.

After my dads funeral, I tried getting in contact with him but he would never answer my calls or open the door when I went to ou-his house.

I mean I understand him, and I will always be here for him. Because as in matter of fact, I'm still in love with him.

Claudia and Nate were blessed with a baby boy on December 27th. They named him Josh. I had been over at their house many times to take care of him and he is absolutely adorable. Believe it or not, Nina and Victoria have grown so much and are on their way to learn how to talk.

I also make sure to visit my father and sons grave every day or once a month.

As of right now, I was on my way to Claudia's house to surprise them with some toys and clothes I had bought Josh. From what I've heard, everyone's going to be there. Which means there was a 50/50 chance that I would be seeing jack.

After driving for about 7 minutes, I finally pulled up into their driveway. I got my stuff and walked out of my car and towards the entrance.

I knocked twice before Claudia answered it.

"Oh my god, you came!" She yelled as we hugged.

"I had to, I wanted to see Josh,"

We walked into her living room and I spotted Nate playing with Josh on the couch.

It absolutely warmed my heart seeing him like this with his baby.

"Josh!" I yelled as I walked over to him.

He immediately giggled and smiled.

I handed the bag over to Claudia as I took Josh away from Nate.

"Hey, glad you can make it," Claudia said as she welcomed someone inside.

As I bounced Josh up and down, someone walked in.

"Oh hey,"

I looked back and saw Jack.

Without being rude, I said hello to him and Sophia.

An hour later

"You never told me you invited jack," I told Claudia.

"I didn't, it was probably Nate,"

I sighed as I saw him walk back inside, probably to use the bathroom.

As I looked around, I saw everyone engaged in their conversation. All of our friends had arrived and we had decided to go outside so the kids could jump in the trampoline.

I took this as a chance to finally be able to speak to jack so I went inside. Once I got inside, I saw the bathroom light on and waited patiently on the couch.

"Danielle, oh hey," he said as he walked out the bathroom.

I nodded my head, unable to speak up and say what I had to.

But just as he was about to reach the door, I called him back.

"Jack," I said.

He turned back confused? "Yeah?"

"How come you haven't answered my calls?" I asked.

"Oh sorry, common mistake. I got a new phone number actually,"

"Oh... but how come you never open the door when I come over?" I asked.

"Look Danielle we ca-,"

"No it's fine, I get it," i said as I turned around and wiped my tears away.

"Danielle I'm sorry," he said.

"No, thank you jack,"

"Danielle don't be like that please,"

"I just have one more question jack,"

"Of course,"

"Was our love fake?"

"How can you say th-"

"Because, you happen to move on so fast from me to Sophia! It fucken hurts jack. The reality of me not mattering to you breaks me more than You can ever imagine. I still have to cry myself to sleep every fucken night while you're over here making future plans with your upcoming wife!" I yelled as I balled my eyes out.

"Danielle it's not like that I swe-"

"What's happening in here!" Sophia yelled as she walked in.

"Nothing baby," jack responded.

Some part of me died as I heard him call her that.

"Jack, I still love you," I weakly said.

His eyes showed sadness but confusion.

"Bitch, maybe it's time for you to keep your hands off my man. If you haven't heard, I'm pregnant with Jack's baby!" She smiled.

Gilinsky looked at the floor as I starred at him.

Everyone kept flowing in from outside to see what was happening. After I had enough, I got up and walked out.

Walking to my car was more difficult than I ever thought it could be. My legs were shaking, I couldn't stay still. And to top it al off, tears kept on pouring out my eyes which made my vision blurry.

"Danielle wait!" Jack yelled from behind me.

"Don't, I've heard and seen all I've had to, to know that it's about damn time I get over you. But I still care about you, but I don't want to! I hate what happened, I hate all of it. But you won't ever go away. You will always be in the back of my mind and I can't escape it! Whatever it was that I had with you didn't just go away and I hate myself for that. My head is so fucked up with everything that happened and I get angry when I think about it. I shouldn't care about someone who constantly fucked me over and clearly didn't give a shit about me! So goodbye Jack Gilinsky," I said as I closed my door and backed out of the driveway.

He stood there and did nothing. Absolutely nothing to stop me. I glanced back one more time, to remember him.

I stopped a few streets away to meet my mom. She was currently at the office and I wanted to see her.

But before I stepped into the building, I tried clearing away all the tears.

Seconds turned into minutes as I tried fixing myself and finally gave up.

I got out the car and walked into the main entry. I stepped into the elevator and pressed the 3rd floor. As I stepped out, I was faced with pictures of my father on every wall.

"What will it take?" I heard my moms voice.

"An arranged marriage, my son is the perfect age for your daughter and if this goes through, I will happily take over the company and get it out of all its problems," the deep voice spoke.

"I can't do that to my daughter, not again. She's already heartbroken,"

Before doing what was probably going to be the worst mistake ever, I took a deep breath.

____________________________________

Love you all!