Never Leave-Sherlock

This fighting had been going on for a long time now. He was blaming you for it all when it was really his. You huffed and turned your back to him.

"I don't see why you can't just get this one simple task done right."  Sherlock said.

"It's not my fault, Sherlock!  You seem to expect everything from me!"  You shouted back.

"Oh please.  When do I ever-"

"Last week you expected me to come with you to a crime scene but didn't even let me know you wanted me to come along."  You interrupted.

"Fine!  So I do expect that from you, but not that much."  He said.

"Yes, Sherlock!  You do!"  You said, "I don't even know why I stay."  You mumbled just low enough he couldn't hear. 

"What?"  He asked.

"Nothing."  You said rolling your eyes.

"Well, I can't stay right now.  I have a case to go to.  I will be back later."  He said getting up.

He walked up to you and leaned in for a kiss but you reacted by smacking him across the face. He seemed surprised but just walked out of the flat. The big front door shut loudly and you sighed and walked to your room. You didn't deserve to be treated this way. You decided that you were going to teach Sherlock Holmes a lesson. And a good one at that. 
Later that night, when Sherlock got home from his case he went straight to his bedroom. He shut the door and laid on his bed. Sleep took over him and you took your opportunity. You snuck out of the flat and began to walk away. You left no trace of you leaving. Nothing at all. Sherlock didn't even notice till quite a while later.

~Sherlock's POV~

I woke up the next morning and walked into the kitchen. My morning tea was there and I grabbed it and began to sip it. As the routine went along I went to y/n's room and knocked on the door before opening it. I peeked my head inside but she wasn't there. Confused I opened the door all the way. The sheets were thrown back and the curtains were open. Her room looked the same as always except for the fact that she wasn't there. I decided that I would wait a while. She probably just got up early to do something. After all, not everyone is like me with a schedule I can always follow. Maybe she was changing something. I shrugged and closed the door.
All throughout the day, however, I saw no sign of her at all. This made me begin to worry. 'What if something happened to her?'  I shook the thought off.  I just continued on with my day. Then I asked John if he had seen her.

"No.  Not that I can think of."  John said.

I sighed frustrated and turned away.

"When was the last time you saw her?"  John asked.

"Oh it was last night when we were arguing and she seemed really angry at me and-" I stopped as I came to a realization.

"You don't think she-" John started.

"She left."  I confirmed.

"Good grief."  John mumbled as we headed back to the flat.

Once we arrived, I immediately began to search her room for any sign of where she might have gone. I couldn't seem to figure it out though. I am a consulting detective!  Why can't I figure this out?  My mind was all clouded and my only thought was of y/n and where she could be by now.

"Find anything?"  John asked.

I shook my head, "The only thing that I can figure out is that she left last night. She could be anywhere by now."  I stated.

"So it could take us a while to find her."  John said.

I sighed and sat down in one of the chairs y/n had against the wall. I rubbed my face with my hands and looked around. Nothing in the room seemed the same without her here.

"I have to find her John. If something happens to her or I never find her I will never forgive myself."  I said.

"We'll find her Sherlock."  John tried to comfort me.

I sighed and got back up. I left the room and went to my flat to try and piece things together.

~Your POV~

You looked around at the busy streets and sighed. You'd been gone for almost a full day and you were beginning to wonder if Sherlock was even trying to look for you.  You walked into a coffee shop and ordered your favorite drink. You sat at the table by the window and sipped your drink. You watched the cars pass the shop and remembered all the times you and Sherlock would walk together down the street. You couldn't help but feel bad about leaving but shook it off. Nope!  Not going back. I have to stay away. Sherlock shouldn't have treated you like that.
A tear slipped down your cheek but you immediately wiped it away. You were miles away from Baker Street and you almost seemed to feel homesick. You got up and walked out the door. You walked towards the street and called a cab. You climbed in and told him to take you to Baker Street. As the cab drove down the street, you stared out the window at the stars. It was pretty late at night and 221B was a couple hours away. You propped yourself comfortably in the cab and fell asleep.

~Sherlock's POV~

Still no sign of her. Not one even little tiny clue. Nothing!  I sighed and plopped down in my chair. I didn't get any sleep last night and I was so very stressed out.  I couldn't clear my thoughts, so I put my coat on and walked outside. I began to stroll down the sidewalk and remembered the first time y/n and I walked down this very street hand in hand. Oh how I missed her. I walked down the street a good ways, then turned around and walked back to the flat, but didn't go inside. I just stood there staring at the door. 221B the place where y/n and I lived. Of course each of us having our own flat inside but, whatever.
After standing there for five to ten minutes, I opened the door and walked inside. I was hoping that this was all a dream and I would wake up seeing y/n in the flat smiling brightly at me. But it wasn't. She wasn't there at all. I sighed sadly and sat down on the couch. Why had I let her leave?  I was so stupid!  It was my fault she left and I have to apologize. But I won't be able to unless we find her. The front door of the flat opened and I could hear footsteps walking slowly up the steps. My door opened and I looked over to see the one person I wanted to.

"Y/n."

~Your POV~

You stood there in the doorway unable to say something.

"Y/n."  Sherlock spoke.

You closed your eyes, happy to hear that voice once again. But it didn't sound he same. It was hoarse and almost sad.  He stood up but seemed frozen right there, so you took two steps forward.

"Sherlock, I-" you stopped unable to think of what to say.

Tears began to spill down your cheeks, "Oh, Sherlock.  I am so, so sorry."  You cried.

Sherlock wrapped his arms around you and stroked your hair. 

"Y/n. It was my fault that you decided to leave. I shouldn't have been so harsh on you. I am very, truly sorry."  He said.

"I forgive you."  You said.

You looked up at Sherlock and he wiped away the tears that continued to fall. You pushed yourself up into your tiptoes and kissed him. He wasn't fully expecting it but he soon melted into it. When you broke apart he looked you straight in the eye.

"Don't ever leave again."  He said.

"I won't. I promise. I missed you too much just for one day. I could never leave my favorite consulting detective again!"  You confirmed.

He smiled at you and leaned down again to kiss you. You pushed up and joined in with it and smiled. You were glad to be back and would never go away again.