Protection (Part 5)-Sherlock

|Two Months Later|

After the incident with Eddie and all that, you had decided to move into the flat below Sherlock's. He suggested that you two become flat sharers but you denied it telling him that Cheryl would need a room also. So you did the next best thing and moved into the flat below.  You and Sherlock had also started dating. It was a different relationship though because he wasn't good with love and stuff like that. Things were going well but that obviously meant that something bad was going to happen. Which it did. About a week ago you'd received a call telling you that your father had just recently passed away. You had to go to the funeral and told Sherlock that you would be gone for a week. He was hesitant about letting you go without him but you told him that he should keep looking for a flatmate. He finally agreed and you left. You received texts from Sherlock regularly and the second day you were gone, he told you that he found a willing flatmate. You were happy and told him that. You said that you couldn't wait to meet the person. You clutched Cheryl's hand as you lead her to your hotel room and got ready for the funeral.

~Sherlock's POV~

I had finally did it!  I had found a person willing to share a flat with me.  It had taken me a long time to find one but I now had one. His name was John Watson. I immediately deduced almost everything about him. He was shocked but impressed and I couldn't help but feel proud. I told him to meet at Baker Street so that he could look at the flat. I texted y/n right away and told her the news. She was happy for me and I could almost imagine her face. She would still be gone for five days. I felt a little sad at that but I knew that it really wouldn't be long.
John decided to move in and we started solving cases together. It felt like no time had passed by the time the week was over. John was out trying to find a job for some unknown reason when y/n came back.
I heard the door open and close from downstairs but paid no attention. I kept my eyes closed and searched through my mind palace for necessary information. My flat door opened and suddenly something small ran into my legs. Confused, I opened my eyes. There was Cheryl hugging my legs and smiling up at me.

"She missed you."  Y/n's sweet voice said.

I looked up at her and smiled, "I missed you both."  I admitted.

I got up and walked over to y/n while Cheryl continued to cling to my leg. Y/n laughed at the situation and then gave me a peck on the lips.

"I missed you as well."  She said. "So anyway.  Where's your new flatmate?"  She asked.

"He's out looking for a job."  I said with no interest in my voice.

"Ah, solving cases doesn't pay enough I see."  She said sarcastically.

She sat down on the couch and I sat next to her, putting my arm around her shoulder. Cheryl climbed up also and plopped on my lap. The front door opened and I smiled.

"That'll be him."  I said.

The door opened and in walked John Watson. He went into the kitchen obviously not having noticed the three of us. I set Cheryl on y/n's lap, stood up, and looked at the pictures I had on the wall.

"Ooh!  A case!"  Y/n said quietly but with excitement.

John walked back in and saw y/n playing with Cheryl. I turned around to face him and smiled.

"John!" 

His face had confusion written all over it.

"So this is your flatmate?"  Y/n asked.

"Yes, that's me.  Who are you?"  John asked.

"I'm Sherlock's girlfriend.  And this is my daughter Cheryl."  Y/n explained.

"Hold on.  Girlfriend?"  John asked.

"Yes John.  Girlfriend."  I agreed.

"You. And her.  When?"  John asked.

"It's a long story."  Y/n stated.

"I don't doubt it."