Broken (Part 2)-Sherlock

The ride to Baker Street was silent. You didn't want to say anything and I guess Sherlock felt the same way. You stared out the window as you drove through London. It was beautiful. You felt like you were smiling and staring in awe at everything but it turned out to be just a blank stare. You hadn't smiled in a long time. Finally, the cab stopped and you were looking at a cafe right next to the flat building.
You opened the door and stepped it slowly, your eyes glued to the building. Sherlock came up beside you and motioned forward.

"This way." He said.

You followed him to the door and he walked right in. He started up the stairs but stopped when someone called his name.

"Sherlock!" It was an older woman.

"Yes, Mrs. Hudson! I'm home!" He called.

The woman walked out and was about to keep speaking but then she saw you. She gasped.

"Oh! Who's this?" She asked.

"This is..." He trailed off, realizing you'd never told him your name. He waited for you to say something but you didn't catch the hint. "I'm sorry, I never got your name."  He said.

You looked at him and finally realized what he meant. "Oh!  Sorry. Y/n.  Y/n y/l/n."  You said.

"Well it's very nice to meet you, y/n."  Mrs. Hudson said. "Would you like a fresh pair of clothes?" She asked.

You looked down at your dirty clothes and then looked back up. 

"I..yes, please."  You said.

She nodded and walked into her flat. Sherlock came down the two steps he'd made it up.

"Come on.  She'll bring them up when she has them." 

You nodded and walked up after him. The boards creaked underneath you but it didn't seem to bother anyone. Sherlock opened a door and walked into a messy flat. You looked around at everything.

"I know it's...kind of a mess, but.." he tried to move things and clean it up but it did basically nothing. "I'm sorry."  He mumbled.

You shrugged, "It's fine.  I like it."  You said brushing your hand along the wall.

You saw the yellow smiley face on it and couldn't help the laugh that escaped your lips.  You turned to face Sherlock.

"What is this?"  You asked.

He looked over, "Hmm?  Oh that!  Yes, that was after a case I had. Got bored."  He explained.

You nodded and then furrowed your eyebrows. "Are you a police officer?"  You asked.

He shook his head, "No.  I am a consulting detective. I'm smarter than the officers at the Scotland Yard."  He explained.

"So humble too."  You mumbled.

He chuckled slightly when you said that.  You sighed and plopped on the couch. Sherlock stared at you for a minute before sighing. It seemed like he wanted to say something but he decided against it. Instead, he said something else.

"Y/n, you can...sleep in my room if you'd like."  He said pointing down the hall.

"Won't you need a place to sleep?"  You asked.

He shrugged, "I usually don't."  He said.

"Oh."  You said.

Sherlock was about to say something else but was interrupted.

"Knock, knock!"  It was Mrs. Hudson. "I brought you some clothes!"  She said handing you the outfit.

You smiled at her, "Thank you." 

She nodded, "You're welcome. Oh!"  She exclaimed, suddenly remembering something.  "I made tea too!" 

She rushed down the stairs and came back up with a tray with cups and tea. And someone was following her.

"John's here!"  She said setting the tray down.

John walked in and he smiled at you. 

"Hello."  He said.

"Hi."  You said. 

Then there was a silence the fell over all of you.  Sherlock sighed and jumped up. 

"Well, I guess it's time for tea now!"

A/n:  Hey!  Part 2 is up!  Woo-hoo!  Hopefully I'll get more updates here soon!  Thank you guys for reading!  Love you all! 😁❤️