Home (Part 1)-John

Tears streamed down your cheeks as you ran inside. You had almost just received the news and you didn't want to believe it. You couldn't. Not until you saw him. The doctors and nurses were bringing him to a room and you tried to push towards him.

"John!!"  You screamed.

But one of the nurses pushed you back telling you that you couldn't be in the room. You watched helplessly as they wheeled him away. Tears flowed harder as they made it out of sight. The only thing you were thinking about was that you hoped he'd be okay. You couldn't lose John.  Not like this.  You went to the waiting room and sat down. You never left the hospital.
You refused to leave until you knew John was alright. Or until you could see him. Or until you received any news on him at all. But you didn't want it to be bad news. Only good news or no news. You looked down at your hands in your lap as you twiddled with your fingers.
You kept asking yourself one question over and over.
Why him?  Why did it have to be John?  You sighed and wiped the tears away. After a few hours, the nurse came out and told you you could see him. You smiled and followed her to the room he was in. You saw him lying there asleep. You sat next to his bed and without taking your eyes off of him you asked the one question you had been dying to know the answer to.

"Is he alright?" 

The nurse nodded, "He should be fine. But anything could happen."  She said.

You nodded and sniffled. You grabbed hold of John's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"He'll be okay."  You whispered.

|Time skip|

You walked into John's place and hung your coat up. You walked into the kitchen and turned the lights on. You sighed when you saw one apple sitting on his desk uneaten. You walked into his room and there he was, sitting on his bed.

"John?" You called.

He looked over and smiled at you.  "Hello, y/n!"  He greeted.

"John why are you doing this to yourself?"  You asked.

He sighed knowing exactly what you meant. "I don't know y/n. I just-I've been asking myself one question this entire time I've been back."  He explained.

I looked at him waiting for him to tell me the question.

"Why me?"  He asked.

You sighed and looked down.  "That was the question I asked the day I had gotten the phone call. 'Why you?' But I don't ask it anymore.  John you can't keep doing this to yourself!"  You said.

"I know, y/n. I'm just...I feel so lonely."  He said.

"Then find a flatmate or something!  I want you to be happy again.  Do something about it!"  You told him.

He nodded, "Alright. I'll try."  He said.

You smiled, "Good.  I'll see you later. I've gotta go." 

You gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and left.

~John's POV~

***

I stared at the man shocked. Completely and utterly shocked. This man had just told me almost everything about me and I didn't know a thing about him. The man smiled at me.

"That's enough to be going on, don't you think?"  He asked.

I continued to remain silent as he walked out the door. He then popped his head back in and said one last thing.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."  And then he winked. "Afternoon!"  He shouted as he left the room.

I shook my head finally snapping out of my shocked daze. I turned to Mike who was smiling widely.

"Yeah, he's always like that."  He said.

I sighed and then nodded. "Well, I've gotta go."  I said and walked out the door.

I kept thinking about this Sherlock. His last name stuck out to me but I shrugged it off, thinking it wasn't the same. I walked back to my place and pulled out my laptop. I searched up "Sherlock Holmes" and looked at his website.

"The Science of Deduction."  I mumbled aloud.

I scrolled through the site reading through it.

***

I knocked on the door that read 221B and then waited.

"Hello."  A voice said from behind me.

I turned around and there was Sherlock Holmes.

"Mr. Holmes."  I said extending my hand.

"Sherlock, please."  He insisted.

I nodded, "Well, this is a prime spot.  Must be expensive."  I stated.

"Oh, Mrs Hudson, the landlady, she's giving me a special deal. Owes me a favour. A few years back, her husband got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out."  He told me.

"Sorry, you stopped her husband from being executed?"  I asked.

"Oh no, I ensured it."  He said and smiled.

The door opened and an elder woman stood there.

"Sherlock, hello!"  She greeted.

I assumed this was Mrs. Hudson. Sherlock motioned to me.

"Mrs. Hudson, Doctor John Watson."  He introduced.

"Hello." She said smiling sweetly.

"How do?" I asked.

"Come in." She said motioning for us to come in.

"Thank you." I said smiling.

"Shall we?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah." Mrs. Hudson said.

We made it up the steps and Sherlock opened the door to the flat. I walked in and looked around. It was a nice little flat. There was furniture still there and I nodded.

"Well, this could be nice. Very nice indeed." He said.

"Yes. Yes, I think so. My thoughts precisely." Sherlock said.

Then not realizing Sherlock was speaking we spoke at he same time.

"So I went straight ahead and moved in."

"Soon as we get all this rubbish cleaned out...oh." I registered what he had said and coughed awkwardly. "So this is all..." I trailed off.

Sherlock looked around. "Well, obviously I can, um, straighten things up a bit." He said starting to move things around, although it really didn't help to straighten things up. He sighed and looked at me. "I'm sorry it's such a mess. It's just..I haven't been here long but, uh, I do have a guest for the time being." He said.

"Oh, okay." I said, immediately thinking he meant a girlfriend.

I didn't address it any further and I watched as he put something on the mantelpiece. I noticed something on it.

"That's a skull." I stated.

"Friend of mine." He said. "When I say 'friend'..." He trailed off and shrugged.

"What do you think Doctor Watson?" Mrs. Hudson asked from the kitchen.

"It's nice. Very nice." I told her.

She smiled and then she started talking to Sherlock. This would be good, I could already tell. I sat down in the red chair in the room and sighed. This just might work out.

A/n:  Hey, hey, hey!  Another update!  Hopefully there'll be more coming but I think I'm gonna have to make a book 2 soon cause I'm getting close to 200 parts.  Thank you all so much for reading!  I know I say it a lot but I really mean it.  Love you all! ❤️