Too Much For One Girl (Part 3)

You followed close behind Sherlock as you walked across the rooftop of a building. The three of you approached the edge and Sherlock laid himself down but peeked over the edge.

"Are you sure this is where you first met up with Moriarty?" Sherlock asked.

"I'm positive. I remember all the places that I go." You said.

Sherlock shrugged and looked back down. He saw someone come down into the alley and motioned for you to come closer a bit.

"Do you recognize this person?" He asked.

You looked down at the person and nodded, "That's Sebastian. I told you this is where I was." You said and crossed your arms.

"Never mind that. We have to watch him and follow him." Sherlock said.

"I should have just stayed back at the flat. It seems like you two have this all under control." John said from his spot on the roof.

"Don't be silly, John. You're very important." You said.

"Really? How?" He asked.

You paused for a moment before answering, "I don't know. I was just trying to make you feel better." You said and then looked back over the edge. "He's leaving. Come on we have to move." You said.

You slid onto the edge of the building and started to climb down. You were on the ground in no time but John and Sherlock were struggling. You ran in the direction the Sebastian did and peered around the corner. You saw him walk inside somewhere as John and Sherlock joined you.

"He went in there." You said pointing at the place.

You slipped out into the sidewalk and entered the place that he did. You saw him scanning a card and walking into a secret door that he'd opened. You ran as fast as you could and slid right inside behind him. Sherlock and John hadn't made it in time and the door shut, but not before you slid your shoe in it.
You waited there until they noticed and pushed open the door. You slipped your shoe back on and the three of you continued to follow after Sebastian. The hallway wasn't very lit up so it was hard to see but you managed. Finally, you made it to open area where it was quite a bit brighter. You saw Sebastian talking with someone and you immediately recognized it to be Moriarty.

"Do you have a gun?" You asked Sherlock and John.

They both shook their heads.

"I thought not. Good thing I brought mine." You said.

"Why did you bring your gun?" Sherlock asked.

"I thought we were ending Moriarty once and for all." You said.

"That is true. You did say that, Sherlock." John said.

"Shut up." Sherlock said.

"Come on. Let's just move in, but quietly and sneakily." You explained.

You crept inside walking along the wall trying to not be seen. You kept getting closer and closer and you got excited. But you also knew deep down that you wouldn't be able to make it. Sebastian pulled out a gun and aimed it at you.

"I know that trick, y/n. I taught it to you." He said.

You straightened up and looked at him. "Well if you're going to kill me, kill me. Nothing is stopping you." You said raising your hands up.

"Y/n no!" Sherlock shouted.

You slapped your forehead and sighed. He really wasn't good at this.

"We don't want to kill you y/n. We are going to torture you." Moriarty taunted.

You slowly crept your way back towards Sherlock and John. You were then standing right next to them.

"So then take me. But leave them alone." You said.

Moriarty shook his head, "I thought you would be smarter than that. There's more than one way to torture you." He said.

He then pulled out a gun and aimed it at Sherlock.

"All your happiness that you've finally found..." He began. Suddenly, his eyes seemed to darken as he looked at Sherlock. "...gone forever."

Time seemed to slow down as you watched him pull the trigger.

"NO!" You screamed as the bullet left the gun.

You pushed Sherlock out of the way as quickly as you could.  A sudden burst of pain erupted inside of you as the bullet hit you in the stomach. You gasped as you felt the pain erupt inside of you. You faced Moriarty and used all the strength you could to pull the trigger. The bullet flew across the room and hit him in the chest. You then turned and shot Sebastian also. They fell over dead as you collapsed.
Sherlock caught you and sat on his knees. It was starting to get harder and harder to breath as the pain got worse. Tears streamed down your cheeks as you knew that this was it. You were going to die.

"Sh-Sherlock." You said.

"Shh. Don't say anything." Sherlock said, and you could tell he was on the verge of crying.

"I just wanted to say that, having you as a dad was the best thing that has happened to me in a really long time." You said. "Thank you, for taking me in and helping me. You made me happy again and I wish I could've done the same for you." You said.

Sherlock was crying now. Crying. Tears were falling down the heartless detective's face.

"You did though. You made me so happy. It felt as if you really were my daughter and...I love you. I cared so much about you and now I've let you die." He said. "No matter what anyone ever says you are and as long as I live will be my daughter."

You smiled, "But you didn't let me die, I stopped you from dying.  I love you." 

Your body fell limp as you slipped away. Your cold lifeless body rested in Sherlock's arms as he continued crying. He knew you were gone and he felt guilty but at the same time he felt as if he wasn't. He remembered what you said that you stopped him from dying and it made him realize that you died protecting him. He planted a kiss on your forehead as he accepted that you were gone, and wouldn't come back.

A/n: So sorry for the sad part but I couldn't think of anything else to do. Hope you're all enjoying these!