A Strange Appearance (Part 1)-Sherlock

You walked into the living room with your cup of tea. Sherlock had gone out on a case and you decided to stay home. You felt your phone buzz and pulled it out of your back pocket. There was a text message from Sherlock.

"Finished deducing. Be home in a bit."

You smiled and set your phone down on the table. You had just sat down when you heard the front door open and heard voices. 'That was fast.' You thought. You could hear Mrs. Hudson talking to someone.
Footsteps then started to come up the stairs. You blew the steam coming from your cup away as the door opened. There stood Sherlock, but he was wearing different clothes.

"Nice outfit Sherlock, I love the facial hair. Did you go shopping while you were out?" You asked.

Sherlock looked at you funny and tilted his head to the side.

"Who's Sherlock?" He asked.

You laughed, "Nice try, but I recognized you." You said.

Sherlock seemed to still not get it and you just laughed. He cleared his throat and stepped forward.

"I'm actually looking for someone. Is-"

"John's not here right now." You cut in, knowing he was going to ask about him.

"John? Sherlock? Who are these people?" He asked.

You stood up and started walking into the kitchen.

"Do you want some tea?" You asked.

"Uh, sure." He said.

You got him a tea cup and filled it up. You brought it back out and found him still standing in the middle of the room. He turned realizing that you were there with the tea.

"Is there honey in it?" He asked.

"Honey? You never take honey." You said.

"Look, I don't know who you think I am, but I'm not him." He said.

Before you could say anything else, the front door opened once again and footsteps sounded up the stairs. Sherlock walked in and your eyes widened. Sherlock saw you and smiled, but immediately noticed that something was wrong.

"What is it?" He asked.

The man you'd thought was Sherlock turned around and faced Sherlock. They both looked at each other and seemed very shocked. You gave up and just passed out.

***

You weren't unconscious for long. You started to come back to reality and rolled your head around. You thought you were still kind of hazy as you felt as though you were floating. You sat up and rubbed your head.

"Are you alright?" Sherlock asked you.

You nodded, "Yeah. I don't think I'm completely awake though 'cause I feel like I'm floating on air."  You said.

"Umm, not quite."  The Sherlock look-alike said.

You gave him a confused expression and then looked at what you were sitting on. You were being held up the man's red cape. You let out a high pitched scream and jumped off of it and into Sherlock's arms. You looked back and the cape was upright. It was facing you as if it were watching you, and you almost believed it did.

"Wait a second."  You mumbled looking closer at it.

Sherlock and the other man started talking. Sherlock was trying to figure out how the cape was able to fly on its own. You turned around. 

"Wasn't this is New York?"  You asked.

"Yes it was."  The man answered.

"What's your name?"  You questioned.

"I'm Doctor Stephen Strange."  He replied.

"You said you were looking for someone.  Who?"  You asked.

"Uh, a sorcerer.  A powerful one. He had his own nickname too!  It was, uh, (insert sorcerer name)." 

You stared at Doctor Strange in shock. 

"You wouldn't happen to know him would you?"  Stephen asked.

"I, yes."  You answered, snapping out of your daze.

"Great!  So where can I find him?"  He asked.

"You've found her.  It's me."  You said.

Stephen looked at you disbelievingly, "Really?"  You nodded. "Prove it."  He said.

"Right here and now?"  You asked.

Stephen nodded and crossed his arms. You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. You put your fingers on top of each other and pulled them up apart from each other. A line of yellow energy formed in the air. You spun your hands around and formed a circle with it. You then made a box around the circle and snapped your fingers. You made one more motion with your hands before pushing forward and it seemed to came alive.

Stephen and Sherlock stared at you in pure shock

Stephen and Sherlock stared at you in pure shock. You smiled awkwardly but also a bit guiltily.

"How long have you known how to do that?"  Sherlock asked.

"You remember how I told you I was in Kathmandu for a little while?"  You asked.

Sherlock nodded.

"It was longer than a little while.  I was training to be a sorcerer and I became one. I eventually left after a while and met you.  I remember how to do everything but I just don't know if I can still do it."  You said.

"Well, we need a new protector of the London sanctum.  Wong told me about...you apparently, and said that I'd find you here.  So, I guess I found you."  He said.

"What's happened since I've been gone?"  You asked.

"Well, I'm not quite sure how long you've been gone but, I went to Kamar Taj, became a sorcerer, I faced Kaecilius, then Dormamu, the Ancient One died, and-"

"Wait what?"  You asked interrupting.

"It was umm, very shocking but, Kaecilius killed her."  Stephen explained.

You could feel the tears form in your eyes and it made them sting.

"Are you okay?"  He asked.

"I remember her so well.  She was an amazing teacher and was like a mother to me."  You said and sat down on the cloak.

It let you sit on it and you felt it move. It pulled it's corner up and wiped the tears off your cheeks. You looked at it confused.

"Stop."  You said and it dropped it's corner.

"So?  What are you going to do?"  Stephen asked.

You stood up, "I'm going to protect the London sanctum. I won't let anyone do anything without my permission."  You said.

Stephen grabbed the cloak and threw it onto his shoulders. "Then we should probably get started."