How About A Game? (Part 1)-Sherlock

You ducked under the yellow caution tape and walked up to DI Lestrade. He saw you and turned to face you.

"What have you got for me?"  You asked.

"Uh, well there's three dead bodies all in the same room.  One female, and two children. The one child was stabbed to death, second one was shot in the chest, and the female I'm assuming was poisoned."  He explained.

"Right. Show me the bodies."  You said.

He led you into the house and up a staircase. All the doors were opened except for one with more caution tape over it. Lestrade opened the door and you both walked in.
The room was dark, only lit by the tiny bit of sunlight coming in. Just as the DI had said, the three bodies were there. The woman was sat against the wall with her children sprawled out on the ground in front of her. The ground had dried blood all over it.
You knelt down by the woman and started looking for any puncture points. You couldn't see anything so you pulled out your magnifier and examined closer. You found a small spot on her wrist that could possibly be how she would be poisoned. You smiled and went to the first child then to the second. You stood up and turned to Greg.

"The explanation you gave me was correct but we'll need to get a test to make sure that the woman was poisoned. Where is the father?" You asked.

"There wasn't one. The woman found out she was pregnant and he left. She had twins and took care of them for all this time, until now." Lestrade said.

"Do we know who the father is?" You asked.

"Uh, yeah. Michael Stevenson. But he's dead." He said.

"You just got my hopes up for nothing Lestrade. No matter. I knew it wasn't him I just needed to check whether or not he might be a target. Was he murdered?" You asked.

"I think so. Yeah." He said.

"Alright. So someone had something against this family, but what?" You thought to yourself.

You closed your eyes and entered your mind palace. It was like your own little world inside your mind. You saw the woman and the children. You went through all the evidence but needed more. You opened your eyes and looked around the room. The light didn't reach the corners of the room so you pulled out your flashlight and shine it along the walls. You came to one corner and found a word written on the wall. Well, two actually.

"Miss me?"

That was all it read. Traced your fingers along the wall where it was. It was written in blood. Most likely one of he child's blood. You turned to face Lestrade.

"I'm gonna need some time on this case. It's very interesting." You said.

"Alright. Do you need anything?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm going to need the files on Michael Stevenson and everything you have on these people." You said and smiled.

"Okay. Come with me." He said.

You followed him out the door and he took you to Scotland Yard. You sat in his office waiting for him to come back with the thugs you asked for. The door opened and you heard footsteps. You thought they were Lestrade's so you didn't turn around.

"Where's the DI?" A deep voice asked.

You turned at the sound of a new voice, "Lestrade? He's getting me some files." You explained.

"I see. And why would you need files?" He asked.

"Why do you want to know?" You asked.

You stared at this man. Tall, dark curly hair, hypnotizing eyes. You couldn't get much seeing as he had his guards up but you got quite a bit.

"Excuse me." He said waving his hand in front of your face.

"Sorry what?" You asked.

"Nothing, you just seemed to zone out." He said.

"Oh yeah. I do that when I'm deducing." You said.

The man cocked his head and smirked. "Oh really? Well then, what have you found out about me?" He asked.

You smiled. Usually no one would willingly let you deduce them so this was a treat.

"Well where to start? You've had some difficulties in your life going back to the obviousness of your drug addiction. You found a flat that you seemed to like and went ahead and bought it, though still looking for a flatmate. I can tell you found one by the army doctor behind you. Of course you have deduction abilities much like me and your brother which is why you have so willingly opened up to letting me deduce your life. Judging by how eager you were to find Lestrade I suggest that you were bored and have come looking for a case. Not to worry Mr. Holmes I have something to help you with your boredom. A case that will take both of us to solve." You said finishing.

The man stayed silent but the doctor started clapping slowly.

"That was amazing." He said.

"I try." You said smirking.

"Yes, it was indeed...amazing." Mr. Holmes straightened up. "Now, I believe I remember hearing you say something about a case?" He asked.

"That's right! So you're going to help me then, Mr. Holmes?" You asked.

"Please, call me Sherlock." He said.

"Very well Sherlock." You said as Lestrade came back in and handed you the files, "Let's get to work."