Jealous-Sherlock

You came down the hall and walked into Sherlock's flat. He was lying on the couch with his hands under his chin in the prayer position. You smirked and silently walked towards him. His eyes were closed so he didn't see you. You lowered yourself down onto the couch next to him, cuddling up close to him. You looked up at his face and noticed he peeked at you and scooted over a little to let you on as much as possible. Nothing happened for a while. There was just silence and you listened to Sherlock's steady breathing. Suddenly, he sat up and jumped from off the couch.

"Of course!" He exclaimed.

You fell farther into the couch since he had gotten up. You pushed yourself upright and looked at him.

"Did you figure it out then?" You asked.

"Obviously. I just can't believe I was so stupid! It was plain as day and I completely slipped over it." He rambled.

"Sherlock!" You shouted, getting his attention, "What did you figure out?" You asked.

"It was the brother who murdered his sister's family. I should've figured it out sooner!" He said.

You smiled and walked over to him. You put your hands on each of his shoulders and began to rub them. The tension seemed to leave immediately and he relaxed. You then wrapped your arms around his neck and rested your head on his back. You felt him turn around and he rested his chin on your head. You loved your head to face the windows and stared outside.
You could see the wind blowing around outside. You smiled brighter as Christmas was tomorrow. Sherlock had invited you to his parents house and you graciously accepted. You felt Sherlock moving so you looked up at him and he smiled.

"I have to go report the murderer to the police. I will be right back." He said.

"Well, why don't I just go with you?" You asked.

"If you insist." He said and kissed your forehead.

He walked to the coat rack, grabbed his coat, and threw you one of his other ones. You weren't expecting it and it surprised you but then you smirked and slipped it on. You raced down the stairs after Sherlock and stopped next to him at the street. He hailed a cab and the two of you climbed in. This was really going to be a Merry Christmas.

|Next Day|

You walked up to Sherlock's parents door and knocked. It took a minute before Mrs. Holmes opened the door. She smiled at you and stepped aside for you to come in.

"Merry Christmas dear." She said.

"Merry Christmas." You responded.

"Sherlock's in the kitchen." She said pointing in the direction to go.

"Thank you." You said and walked down a small hallway.

You walked into the kitchen and saw everybody there. John, Mycroft, Mr. Holmes, and Sherlock. You smiled and sat down next to him.

"What's that?" Sherlock asked nodding to the boxes in your hands.

"There the gifts I brought for everybody." You said.

"Oh! Where's mine?" He asked smiling.

You laughed, "You're just going to have to wait, like everybody else." You said.

He frowned like a child and crossed his arms. You laughed even harder and he smiled.

"But I don't like waiting." He said.

"Well, you'll just have to learn patience." You said standing up.

You leaned down closer to him and pecked him on the lips. You walked out and put the presents under the tree. You went back into the kitchen and Mycroft smiled at you.

"Hello, y/n." He said.

You looked around the room and saw that everyone else had left. You smiled awkwardly and cleared your throat.

"Hello, Mycroft. Umm, where did everyone else go?" You asked.

Mycroft looked around and then back at you, "I'm not quite sure." He said.
"So, you and Sherlock are....in love." He said sounding disgusted at the last part.

"Quite so." You said.

"Ugh. Sentiment. It's just human error." He said.

"Excuse me, Mr. Holmes but most everyone can find love. You just haven't seemed to have found it yet and it really could be right in front of your face and you wouldn't know it." You said.

Mycroft straightened up and smiled weirdly at you, "Merry Christmas, y/n." He said and left.

You rolled your eyes and sighed irritatedly. You turned around and walked into the living room. There they all were, except for Sherlock.

"Where's Sherlock?" You asked.

"He just went to look for you a minute ago." John said.

You sighed and turned back around just as Sherlock came back into the room.

"Oh! Found you!" You said and smiled.

Sherlock smiled and unconvincing smile at you and you eyed him suspiciously.

"You okay?" You asked.

"Hmm? Me? Oh, yeah, I'm-I'm fine." He said.

"No you're not." You said. "Do you wanna talk?" You asked.

Sherlock didn't do anything so you just pulled him along with you outside.

"What's going on?" You asked.

"Would you ever think about leaving me?" He asked.

"What?!" You asked shocked. "Sherlock Holmes, why would you ever think about anything like that?!"

"I don't know. It's just the way I see you talking to other men and how you seem to like them I just can't help but feel..." he trailed off not knowing what word to use.

"Jealous?" You put in. "Who would you be jealous of?" You asked.

"Well, I came into the kitchen as you were talking to Mycroft and-"

You cut him off, "Mycroft?! Are you seriously jealous of Mycroft?" You asked.

Sherlock just looked at you with sad puppy dog eyes.

You walked up to him and wrapped your arms around his waist, "Sherlock, I will never love another man more than I love you. And definitely not that stuck up, snob, Mycroft." You said earning a smile from Sherlock. "And I'll always love you, all the way to the end." You said.

You closed the gap between the two of you smashing your lips against his. You smiled into the kiss and could tell that he was too. You heard the door open but ignored it until you heard someone talking.

"Sherlock....oh, umm.....okay. Later then." John said.

You broke away and looked at the embarrassed John in the doorway. You blushed slightly and removed your arms from around Sherlock. You grabbed his hand and the two of you walked inside. Sherlock stopped before you stepped inside.

"What! I have your Christmas present." He said.

"Oh, Sherlock, that's okay. I can wait until later when I give you yours." You said.

"No, I'm going to do this now." He said.

"Do? Do what?" You asked.

Your question was answered without words but with the actions Sherlock did. He got down on one knee and held a small box out in front of him with a ring in it.

"Y/n y/l/n, will you be my wife?" He asked.

"Yes! Oh my goodness, yes!!" You exclaimed.

Sherlock slid the ring on your finger and you started to cry you were so happy. You threw your arms around Sherlock's neck and buried your face in his shoulder. You didn't know that everyone else had come to the doorway while Sherlock did this so when you turned around you were greeted with a big "Congratulations!"

You smiled and hugged everyone. The smile never left your face. You were so excited to get to that day that you would walk down the aisle in your wedding dress to say your vows and be Miss y/n Holmes.