Gone (Part 1)-Sherlock

You flicked on the light switch as you walked inside. You set your purse and keys in their normal spot. Sighing, you sat down and got to work. Sherlock had asked you to work on something for his case and for some reason you agreed. You mumbled things angrily under your breath as you looked through the files and the evidence. Nothing seemed to be adding up. You ran tests over and over and over again but always got the same result. Finally you decided to give it a rest and went home. You got into a cab and told the cabbie where to go. On the way, you got a phone call from John.

"Hello?" You asked.

"Y/n, you have to get down to 221B right now." John demanded.

"Why? What's happened?" You asked.

"Mrs. Hudson's been shot. She's dying." John said.

"Okay. I'll be there as soon as possible." You said and hung up.

You told the cabbie to change course and go to Baker Street. You arrived and burst through the front door.

"Mrs. Hudson!" You shouted only to see her standing right there perfectly fine.

"Is everything alright, deary?" She asked.

You looked so confused and then asked, "Where's John? Is he here?" You asked.

"I'm afraid not. Him and Sherlock went down to that Saint Bartholomew's hospital." She answered.

You sighed and turned around just as John walked in. He saw Mrs. Hudson and he had the same amount of confusion on his face. He sighed to and then turned around pulling you along behind him.

"John! Wait! Where are we going?" You asked.

"We have to get back to the hospital." John said.

"Okay?" You said as you both got in a cab. "Is Sherlock still there?" You asked.

"Yeah." John responded.

The rest of the ride was silent. Neither of you said anything. You hated sitting in silence but this one time you did. Once you two reached the hospital John got out as quickly as possible. You followed after him but he stopped when he got a phone call.

"Hello?" John called into the phone as he ran towards the building.

You followed close behind him.

"Hey, Sherlock. You okay?" John asked.

Sherlock said something back and John looked confused.

"No I'm coming in. Y/n too."

There was a pause and then John stopped. He turned around and pulled you with him.

"Where?" John asked. "Sherlock?" John called.

He then turned around and looked up. You followed what he did and your face filled immediately with horror. Sherlock Holmes stood on the edge of the hospital roof.

"What's going on?" John asked. "Wh-what?"

You continued staring up at the detective while John was still talking with him.

"Why are you saying this?" He asked. "Sherlock..." he started but most likely Sherlock interrupted.

He listened for a while before he answered back into the phone, "Okay shut up, Sherlock, shut up. The first time we met...the first time we met you knew all about my sister, right?" He said.

Small pause before John answered, "You could."

He then closed his eyes and shook his head, "No. Alright, stop it now." John ordered.

He began to walk to the hospital but stopped and walked back to his spot.

"All right." He said. "Do what?" He asked.

You looked at John briefly and saw the look on his face. It was almost the same as yours. Horror filled and fear.

"Leave a note when?" John asked.

Your eyes widened and you ripped the phone from John's hand.

"Sherlock Holmes, you get down here right now!" You shouted.

"I can't y/n. I'm so sorry." He said.

"No, please, Sherlock. Don't do this. I am begging you. I love you." You said tears threatening to spill.

"It was all fake, y/n. All of it." He said.

His voice sounded shaky. He was sad and you knew he didn't want to do this.

"No! Please! Just stop!" You shouted.

"Good-bye." He said.

You heard a clattering noise through the phone. You stared up horrified as Sherlock spread his arms out ready to jump.

"No! SHERLOCK!!!" You screamed.

As much as you wanted it, no matter how hard you screamed Sherlock continued to fall. You rushed over as his body hit the ground. You and John both got hit by a biker and fell to the ground. You stood up immediately and ran to Sherlock. He laid there covered in blood. You approached him and your breathing became shallow. Sherlock Holmes, the one man you loved, was dead. John came up behind you and put an arm on your shoulder. You stood up and wrapped your arms around his shoulders as you continued to sob. Paramedics came over and put his body on a stretcher and wheeled him away.

|A few days later|

You stood in front of the black stone with the engraved name "Sherlock Holmes." The wind blew against your face causing your hair to whip around your face. You didn't care though. You walked forward a bit and put the bunch of flowers you were holding in front of the grave. A tear slid down your cheek and was followed by more. You couldn't help it. You loved Sherlock and he had to go and jump off the building. A hand on your shoulder made you jump.
You turned to see John and Mrs. Hudson. They smiled at you and you did your best to smile back. John rubbed your back to get you to calm down. You took a deep breath and looked at them,

"I'll let you guys take a minute." You said and walked a little distance off.

You put your back against a tree and slid down it. You pulled your knees close to your body and rested your head on them. The collar of your coat whipped you in the face. Actually, it was Sherlock's coat. You took it and decided to wear it so that no matter where you went, you'd always have a part of him with you. You choked out a small sob at the thought of him.

"Oh Sherlock. Why'd you have to do it?" You mumbled.

If he were here he would probably have made the genius sort of answer explaining why he did it. But right now, you wanted that rambling of the solution to the case. If only he were still here. But if he was alive after putting you through all this grief, you would punch him so hard. You didn't deserve to go through this. You buried your face on your arms and just let it all out. He was the love of your life, now gone forever.....

A/n: I will probably make a second part to this, but it won't have the same title. I will be sure to write it at the top 👆🏻 of the story. Thank you all so much, you're really great! 😉