Gone (Part 2)-Sherlock

A/n: So this will be that second part to the last imagine I had. It takes place two years later, just FYI.

You trudged up he steps once again and put the last of the things on the table. You sighed and dropped yourself onto the couch. After the fall, you couldn't bear to get rid of Sherlock's stuff, so you kept it all and basically lived there. Once you were "rested" enough, you stood back up and put everything away.
Usually you might be relieved not to find a head or human eyeballs in the fridge, but right now you wanted that back. You walked back into the living room and saw Sherlock's violin lying on the table. You ran your fingers gently across it and realized how dusty it was. A tear escaped as you recalled the memory of the first time he played for you. You took a deep breath and became calm. You got your things once again and walked down the steps.

***

You walked up to the grave and sat on your knees in front of it. His name was finely engraved on the tombstone. The wind blew against your dad and you closed your eyes to let it blow your hair back. It didn't flow as much anymore since you had got it cut a little above your shoulders. You sighed and changed your position to lean against the back of his stone. It almost felt as though you were sitting back to back with him except he really wasn't that hard. You chuckled to yourself at that thought but the smile melted almost immediately. He was gone and you'd have to accept it sooner or later. But you had chosen for later. You decided to go back to the flat as Mrs. Hudson would be there around now and she would probably be wondering where you where. You got into the car and drove back to 221.
You got out of the car and sighed as you stared up the staircase. You climbed them to Sherlock's flat and plopped on the couch. That always seemed to be your regular routine when you got here. You grabbed the tv remote off the table and pressed the power button. You turned the channel to your favorite show and began to watch. Just as you started though, your phone buzzed continuously. You grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?" You called.

"Hi, y/n. Umm, have you had any visitors lately?" He asked.

"No. Why?" You asked, totally confused.

"Well, you may be getting some company soon." He said.

"You're coming over?" You were now eager.

"Uh, yeah sure. One of these days. Yeah, I'll probably be coming over more often." He said.

"Great! I can't wait to meet your new girlfriend." You said.

"Alright. Well, I've got to go. Bye." He said.

"Bye." You said and hung up.

The heavy front door opened and closed and you assumed it was Mrs. Hudson. Boy were you completely wrong! Sherlock's flat door opened and a tall figure stood in the doorway. You could see him out of the corner of your eye and you slowly turned your head to see if it was who you thought it was.

"Sherlock." You breathed.

"Hello, y/n." He said with a smile.

"No, this isn't real. You're not real." You kept telling yourself.

"Y/n. It's me." He said walking towards you.

You slid away from him and ended up falling on the floor but continued to scoot away.

"No. No, no, no, no, no! You're just a figment of my imagination!" You shouted.

"I know this is hard to believe but I'm alive."

He reached towards your hand but you turned away from him, "No! NO! Don't touch me!!!" You screamed, tears pouring down your face.

He now managed to cradle you into his arms, pushing your head against his chest.

"I'm so sorry for what I did but it was all for a reason." He said.

"I watched you die, Sherlock." You whispered.

"Well, I didn't." He said

"Two years, Sherlock. You put me through two years of suffering and mourning and you just know show up?" You asked.

"I had to clear Moriarty's work." Sherlock explained.

You nodded in understanding and wrapped your arms around his neck. "Don't ever do that again. And if you do, I will kill you." You said.

You heard him laugh a bit and you smiled and joined in.

"I love you, Sherlock Holmes." You said looking into his eyes.

"I love you too, y/n y/l/n." He whispered.

You closed the gap between the two of you, smashing your lips against his. You were happy again. You had your favorite consulting detective back, and he was back for good. You were definitely going to make sure of that! You broke away and looked at him again.

"Did you already tell John?" You asked.

He moaned and rolled his eyes, "Don't get me started on his reaction." He said then smiled.

"It was bad wasn't it?" You asked.

"He tried to murder me himself. I was only gone for two years and he seemed a completely different person." He said.

"The way people can change, I tell ya." You said.

The two of you laughed together and kissed again. Your best friend in the whole world was right here, to stay.