Bruised (Part 4)-Sherlock

You woke up as the sun shined brightly through the window. You slowly opened your eyes and realized that someone was knocking on the door. The knocking soon turned into banging. You groaned and pulled yourself out of bed. You sleepily walked towards the door and unlocked it. You opened the door and when you saw who was there your heart pounded hard against your chest. You gasped and stumbled back as Lee walked in. Your breathing sped up and you tried to keep your tears back. You backed away from him slowly. But eventually, you found a wall and couldn't go any further. He pulled his fist back, ready to hit you. As he swung his fist at you, you let out a terrified shriek and bolted awake in your bed.
You looked around you frantically until you realized that it was all just a dream. You sighed and rubbed your face. You then heard a knocking at the door and sudden fear struck you. You slowly walked towards the door but you didn't open it.

"Who is it?" You asked, and prayed it wasn't Lee.

"It's Sherlock, from upstairs." He answered.

You sighed in relief but then rolled your eyes remembering last night.  You groaned and then opened the door. You cleared your throat and straightened up.

"Can I help you?"  You asked.

"I...well, I heard you screaming and was coming down to see if you were alright."  He explained.

"Why should you care?"  You asked, crossing your arms.

"Because if someone is screaming that usually means something is wrong!  And I'm not the kind of person to just sit around when something bad might be happening to someone!"  He said raising his voice slightly.

You started a snarky comment but he managed to interrupt you. "I thought you didn't-"

"Will you forget about that?!  No one would ever be that heartless!"  Sherlock shouted.

You stared at him shocked and didn't know what to say. You eventually found your voice again and spoke.

"So, are you trying to say that somewhere, deep down in that heart of yours that is hidden inside you, you actually care somewhat about me?" You asked.

"That was a very lengthy and accurate description but yes. I cared about you enough to stop your boyfriend from beating you to death." He said.

"Technically he was choking me to death." You said.

"No matter! I saved you." He stated.

"Well, thank you...again." You said and smiled.

"You're welcome." He said and smiled.

Then there was silence. Both of you just stood there looking at each other. You looked into his eyes and couldn't determine one specific color to describe them. You then realized what you were doing and shook out of your thoughts. You cleared your throat awkwardly as you realized he was most likely lost in his thoughts too.

"Oh, umm. I guess that..I should...well since you are..alright...I'll just..." Sherlock struggled with his words causing you to laugh a little. "..uh, are you alright?" He asked.

You looked up at him and shrugged, "Yeah, I guess." You said.

"Alright...I'll just go then." He said.

You smiled slightly and nodded. He started going up the stairs as you closed the door. You almost shut it completely but you never fully did. You opened it again and rushed out of your flat to find Sherlock, but ended up bumping into him.

"Sherlock." You said.

"Y/n."  He said.

You both started talking at the same time not realizing that the other was talking.

"Listen y/n-" "Look Sherlock-" "I just wanted to say-" "I just wanted to say-" "I'm sorry." "Thank you." 

It took a minute before you each realized what the other had said. You smiled at him and then he looked at you confused.

"You've already said thank you."  He said.

"But I never said thank you for caring about me."  You said. "And I'm also sorry that I was so harsh to you about not caring for people."  You added.

Sherlock smiled at you and you smiled back.

"So, now what?"  You asked.

Sherlock thought for a moment and then answered, "Would you like to come up for some tea?"