The Hunting Game (Part 7)-Sherlock

You walked down the sidewalk to 221B. You opened the front door and climbed the steps to Sherlock's flat. You heard the door downstairs open again. You stopped before opening Sherlock's door to see who was here. In a moment or two, you saw John coming up. He saw you and smiled.

"Oh hi, umm, y/n right?" He asked.

You nodded, "Yeah. We never really fully introduced ourselves but we know each other's names, so that's a start." You said.

"Yeah. It's nice to actually meet you." John said extending his hand.

You took it forgetting your blisters that had appeared from last night. You winced in pain and pulled your hand back.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know." John apologized.

"No, it was my fault. I forgot about my hands." You said looking down at the bandaging.

"Do you mind me asking what happened?" He asked.

"It was for a good cause. Saving someone." You said.

John looked down at his feet nervously, "It was me, wasn't it?" He asked.

You looked him in the eye and nodded, "I didn't want you to feel bad. I chose to do it and this just so happened to happen." You shrugged.

"Did you get burned anywhere else when you ran inside?"

"Not anything badly. It's just a little bit red and pink. It'll heal in no time." You assured him.

He smiled. "Sherlock knows I'll assume." John said pointing at the door.

"Umm, yeah I guess you could say that." You said with a sound of unsureness in your voice.

"He doesn't know." John said.

"Nope. Not about all of it. Just my hands." You said stretching your fingers.

"Shall we go in?" He asked.

You put your ear close to the door and listened.

"I think we should see what's going on in there." You said with a smirk.

You opened the door and stepped inside. Sherlock turned and saw the both of you.

"Y/n! John!" He said.

"Sorry-you're busy." John said starting to turn around.

Sherlock stepped off the couch and started lifting the couple onto their feet. "No-no-no-no, they were just leaving." He said.

"Oh, we were?" The woman asked.

"Yes." Sherlock said.

"No, no if you've got a case..."

"No, not a case, no-no-no. Go, 'bye!" Sherlock said.

"Yeah. Well, we're here till Saturday, remember." The woman said.

Yes, great, wonderful. Get out." Sherlock said.

"Well, give us a ring." She said.

"Very nice, yes, good. Get out."