Trying To Help (Part 3)

Mrs. Hudson had called you and told you to come down to 221B immediately. You grabbed your things and rushed out the door and to your destination. You ran up the steps panting and Mrs. Hudson greeted you.

"Oh good!  You're here!  Come on now, let's go."  She said pushing you out.

She pushed you all the way to a really nice orange sports car. You stood frozen in place.

"Mrs. Hudson?  Whose car is this?"  You asked.

"It's mine deary.  Now get in."  She urged.

You climbed in the back seat a look of confusion still planted on your face. Mrs. Hudson started the car and pressed the gas pedal. She already seemed to be above the speed limit. Her phone started ringing and she answered it and began talking. You heard the sound of sirens in the distance and saw a police car behind you.
Your heart was pounding. Never had you ever thought in the slightest bit that Mrs. Hudson would drive so crazily. Or even have a nice car like this for that matter. A police car approached in front of the car and the landlady turned the car stopping it right in front of a house. You sat there panting and clutching the door handle as if you were to let go that'd be the end of you.
Mrs. Hudson got out and handed her phone to the officer. You slowly pried yourself out of the car. You were shaking and your eyes were wide. John stood there with a woman behind him. You assumed it was a new therapist. The three of them started to head inside so you followed. Mrs. Hudson started rambling on about what she had recently gone through with Sherlock.
He started doing drugs again and is very high. Mrs. Hudson begged John to take a look and then left the house crying. You quickly followed after her and John behind you.

"Please John. Just take a look at him."  You pleaded.

"Please."  Mrs. Hudson begged.

John sighed, "Alright. Yeah I will. If I get the chance."  He said unconvincingly.

"You will?  Promise?"  Mrs. Hudson asked.

"I will if I'm in the neighborhood."  He said.

"You promise. Promise me."  She said.

"Yeah, alright. I promise."  He finally gave in.

Mrs. Hudson smiled happily and walked towards the back of her car. You watched her confused.

"What are you doing?"  You asked.

She opened the trunk and inside was a handcuffed Sherlock, scrunched inside. He squinted at the sudden amount of light and then looked at the people. You covered your mouth to restrain from laughing.

"Well, on you go. Examine him."  Mrs. Hudson said.

Sherlock looked at you and noticed that you were trying to keep from laughing.

"What's so funny?"  He asked.

Suddenly all eyes were on you and you burst. "It's just that, Mrs. Hudson somehow handcuffed you, stuffed you in her trunk, and then drove you all the way here against your will, just so that John could examine you."  You explained.

"Yeah. How did you manage all that?"  John asked Mrs. Hudson.

"I'll explain later."  She said.

You smiled and rolled your eyes as you all walked back inside the house. Sherlock looked around the house and grabbed a flower vase. He removed the flowers and handed them to you. You looked up at him just as he started to drink the water inside it. You made a disgusted face but soon found it funny. He walked into the living room and sat down in a chair.

"Could you get me a new glass of water. This one has stuff inside it."  Sherlock said to the therapist with a weird face as he looked at he bottom of the vase.

You still stood there watching Sherlock's every move, flowers still in hand. You had developed a crush on the detective and it soon turned into feelings. But you'd never admit them cause he could never feel the same way.  You set the flowers down on the counter and sat on the armrest of Sherlock's chair. You leaned down towards his ear so that no one else could hear but him.

"Is this all part of the plan?"  You asked.

"What do you mean?"  He asked.

"You, being drunk.  That's part of your plan on saving John?"  You questioned.

"Of course it is. Why else would I be doing it?"  He asked.

"I saw you picked your bad guy to pick a fight with."  You whispered.

"Indeed I did. Coulverton Smith."  He said.

That line sounded like he was back to normal. With you he didn't seem drunk. He didn't know why but he longed to be with you.

"Promise me this one thing, Sherlock.  Don't get yourself killed. Please."  You said.

"My dear, y/n. No one can successfully kill Sherlock Holmes."  He said smiling at you.

You laughed, "Not even Sherlock Holmes."  You added.

"Just so."