The Hunting Game (Part 6)-Sherlock

You and Sherlock stood in his flat eating your chips and staring at each other. You were smiling while Sherlock had a stone hard expression. You continued to put chips in your mouth as you watched him. Finally you broke and started laughing.

"I win again." Sherlock said smiling.

You looked at him with a smile still plastered on your face.

"Congratulations." You said.

"You're not very good at staring contests." He said.

"No kidding. And how many have you done in your lifetime?" You asked.

"How many did we just do?" He asked.

"Two."

"I've done a total of two staring contests in my life." He answered.

"Ah. You must've been deprived as a child."

You both started laughing and ate more of your food. Then the front door opened and someone came in. You walked out and looked down the staircase. It was Mary.

"Sorry, I-I think someone's got John." She said walking up the steps.

Sherlock had at some point appeared next to you and had concern on his face.

"Hang on! Who are you?" Mrs. Hudson asked.

"Oh I'm his fiancé." Mary said.

"Mary what's wrong?" Sherlock asked.

She pulled out her phone and showed you both a text message she had received.

"Someone sent me this. At first I thought it was just a Bible thing, you know, spam, but it's not. It's a skip code." She said.

You looked at Mary with a confused look on your face. How could she have done that so fast? You shrugged it off and looked back at her phone.

"The first word, then every third. Save...John...Watson..." Sherlock said.

"Saint...James...The Less." You finished for him.

"Now!" Sherlock shouted.

He dropped his chips and started to rush down the steps.

"Where are we going?" Mary asked.

"Saint James The Less. It's a church. Twenty minutes by car." Sherlock explained. "Did you drive here?"

"Uh, yes."  Mary said.

"It's too slow. It's too slow." Sherlock said pacing in the road.

"Sherlock."  You said.

He didn't listen to you and continuing to pace in the middle of the street. A car approached and was honking. Sherlock was oblivious to it though.

"Sherlock?  What are we waiting for?"  Mary asked.

Sherlock turned toward an oncoming single headlight.

"This."  He said and held his hand out in front of him.

The motorcycle slowed down and stopped. Sherlock took the helmet from the driver and Mary took the other one. They drove off down the road and you sighed rolling your eyes.
You walked over to where you motorcycle was parked and climbed on. You started the engine and drove after Sherlock. It didn't take too long to catch up with him. Suddenly he took a turn off the road. You quickly turned your bike, causing it to skid a little. You raced down after him. You looked in front of Sherlock and saw a bright light. But it wasn't just a light, it was fire. Sherlock sped towards the group of people standing around the fire. He pressed on the brake and him and Mary climbed off of it, letting it fall on its side. You did the same and rushed over.
You pushed Mary out of the way and started ripping the wood away from the fire. Your hands started stinging from the fire touching them but you continued. You heard moans coming from underneath it all. Sherlock started to go in but you stopped him.

"What are you doing?"  He shouted.

"I'll get him!  I can fit in there better!"  You said.

Without waiting for a protest from him you slipped through the opening that you'd both made. You started to drag him out when he made a loud moan. You looked over to see his leg stuck a little. You kicked the debris aside and pulled him the rest of the way out. Sherlock then took him and payed him down. He shouted John's name over and over to make sure his friend could hear him.
You walked away from the three of them to let them talk. You picked your motorcycle up off the ground and swung your leg over the side. You slipped the helmet over your head, started the engine and drove off, leaving Sherlock behind watching you go.