Glowing For You (Part 3)-Sherlock

The next few days of living with your aunt on Baker Street were quite interesting. You found out that Sherlock was a consulting detective that solved murder crimes and occasionally went to chase down the murderer. You became good friends with his friend John Watson. You found out that he was an army doctor but was now living at 221B helping Sherlock solve cases.
You would go upstairs and join them when they weren't busy with a case.  Sometimes you would go up while they were on one and add a little comment to it, getting a shocked but impressed expression from Sherlock. But one thing you did observe from Sherlock is that he had never been in a relationship because he didn't want to have one. Because he didn't like that sort of thing. Love. It wasn't something he really felt. After you figured that out an idea came to your mind.
Your goal now was to prove to Sherlock that he could have feelings for someone. You had, by this time, fallen for him, but you had to get him to fall for you. And if he already had, you had to draw it out of him that he did, one way or another. Eventually you were successful but it wasn't until after he tried to get you convinced that he had no feelings for you whatsoever. This was how it played out:
You were looking at the newspapers on the counter in the kitchen of 221B as Sherlock sat in the living room. You turned around briefly as you grabbed your cup of tea from the counter behind you. You suddenly felt your heart start glowing and smiled as you turned around. It only started glowing when you two were close together. You looked into his eyes and he stared at you with an emotionless expression. He noticed your hand covering your chest and then he looked back up at your face.

"You believe that we are to be soulmates, don't you?" He asked.

You looked down at your feet and then back up at him, "Well, I was always told that this..." You started motioning towards the glowing. "...was just a myth, or a story somebody made up.  But now I realize that it's real and I couldn't be happier." You said smiling brightly.

"But why does it happen?" He asked.

"Well I can't answer that, but I know what I can do."  You said.

He gave you a confused look, "And what's that?" He asked, nervousness coating his voice.

"I can follow my heart.  And my heart says that I should be with the one I am supposed to be with."  You said slipping your hands into his.

He jerked them back and backed away. He ran a hand through his hair frustratedly.

"No, no.  I can't do this!  I will never love anyone!"  He said, most likely talking to himself but you couldn't tell.

"You can learn to, Sherlock. If you just open yourself up."  You stepped towards him but he continued stepping away.

"No!  I won't open myself up. I won't love. Not anyone!  Not even you!"  He shouted and gave you a hard look.

You stopped and looked at him hurt. You thought that you had finally found your soulmate but he was now telling you that he didn't want you. You felt tears stinging your eyes.

"You don't mean that." You said, trying not to let your voice crack.

"Yes, I do."  He said.

You straightened up and then ran out the door. You grabbed your coat and rushed down the stairs. You opened the heavy black door that led to outside and then shut it behind you.

~Sherlock's POV~

I couldn't let these emotions get to my head. Y/n was trying to follow her heart but I was different. I couldn't follow my heart. I watched her run out the door and shut my eyes as I heard the other door closed behind her. I stood there like that for a little bit and then started walking towards the living room. The next thing that happened made my blood run cold and my skin turn pale. I heard a loud screeching and then a thud. I rushed over to the window and saw y/n lying on the ground in the street after having been hit by a car. I raced down the stairs and into the streets. I knelt down next to her body. She was unconscious but didn't look badly injured.

"Y/n!  Y/n, can you hear me? Wake up!  Please!"  I begged.

I couldn't lose her. Our hearts were glowing and I took that as a sign that she was still alive.

"Don't leave me, y/n. I need you."  I said and the next thing I said surprised me.  "You were right...I love you."