Bruised (Part 5)-Sherlock

You went up to Sherlock's flat and you were currently drinking tea with him.  Honestly, you had imagined this going differently. And by differently, with some conversation.  But nope!  Each of you sat there drinking your tea in absolutely awkward silence. You looked around the flat knowing full well that he was looking at you. Eventually, you sighed and looked at him.

"What?"  You asked.

"What?"  Sherlock asked giving you a confused look. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?"  You asked.

"Like what?"  He asked.

"I don't know.  You were just looking at me and sipping your tea."  You said and crossed your arms.

Sherlock just shrugged, "I didn't notice."  He said and set his cup on the side table next to him.

You raised your eyebrow not believing him at all. He looked back at you and saw your expression.

"What?"  He asked.

You let out a slight laugh, "You really think I'm going to believe you?"  You asked.

Sherlock shrugged, "I don't know.  Maybe."  He said quietly.

You rolled your eyes, "Well I don't. You know what I think?"  You asked. "I think you like me."  You said.

"Well of course I like you.  I consider you a friend by now."  He said.

"Oh really?"  You asked.

"Mhmm."  Sherlock said and started to not look at you.

You eyed him suspiciously and then got an idea. You stood up, catching Sherlock's attention. He looked at you confused as you stepped closer to him.

"Wh-what are you doing?"  He asked.

You didn't answer and you knelt down in front of him. You both stared into each other's eyes and you put your hand on his wrist. He flipped his hand over and you smiled.

"I knew it."  You mumbled.

Sherlock looked at you confused, "Knew what?"  He asked.

"That you like me."  You stated standing up.

"I thought we already went through that-"

"No.  I mean you like me like me." You said.

Sherlock closed his mouth as you stood there confidently.

"Well you like me also."  He said.

Your smile dropped and you stared at him, "What?"  You asked.

Now it was Sherlock's turn to smile, "When you were kneeling right here. I looked into your eyes and your pupils dilated. And when I flipped my hand over I checked your pulse.  You like me."  He concluded.

You smiled and looked down, "Well guess what."  You said.

"What?"  Sherlock asked grabbing his tea again. 

"While you were doing that, I did the same."  You said.

Sherlock stared at you shocked but also impressed.

"I guess you're not the only smart one here, are you?" 

"No, I guess not."  He said smiling.

Then once again, there was silence. You stood there looking at him, waiting and he just sat there sipping his, probably now cold, tea.

"So..?" You started.

"What?"  The so-called brilliant detective asked.

"We both like each other, aren't you going to, you know, ask me out?"  You asked.

"Why?"  He questioned.

"Oh my goodness, Sherlock!  You're an idiot!"  You said. "Because that's what people do." You told him.

"Well I'm not people."  He said.

"Yeah I couldn't tell."  You mumbled.

"If you really want to, what people call, date me, you'd have to deal with body parts lying around the flat, constant experiments and me going on cases."  He said.

"Alright.  How about this then, instead of going on a normal date I go with you on a case?"  You suggested.

Sherlock opened his mouth to reject but then shut it and smiled, "Well alright!" He said. "But it will probably be a while until-"

He was interrupted by his phone ringing and he answered. After a little bit of talking he hung up and sighed.

"Well I guess it's your lucky day.  Ready to go on a case with Sherlock Holmes?"  He asked.

You smiled, "Definitely!"