Deduction Buddy (Part 3)-Sherlock

Requested by
MrsSpock

You were up in Sherlock's flat more than you were really in yours. So many things had changed since you'd last seen him. Well...except Mycroft. He was the same.
He came by one of the days. Walked right past you as you lounged on Sherlock's couch. John and Sherlock had a hard time keeping a straight face as they kept glancing at you. You were smirking, waiting for the eldest Holmes's reaction. Sherlock forced back another smile and tried to focus on his brothers rambling. Eventually, you sat up. You slowly and quietly, inches closer to Mycroft.
Sherlock and John were about ready to burst into laughter. Mycroft was getting very annoyed.

"What is wrong with you two?" He asked, half shouting.

"I don't think anything's wrong with them." You said from behind him.

Mycroft tensed and looked at John and Sherlock's faces. Each of them were smiling. Slowly, he turned around and looked at you.

You smiled, "I think there's something wrong with you." You said. "Obliviousness was always one of your weaknesses."

Mycroft was staring at you. You weren't sure if it was the same stare Sherlock had had when he saw you or if he was just shocked. You snapped your fingers in his face.

"Hello?" You asked.

He shook out of his thoughts and smiled. "Y/n." He said.

You nodded, "Good to see you Myc."

And that was his reaction. That was everyone. Only them two. Mycroft has tried to come over more but Sherlock pushed him out. Every time he did you noticed a hint of something in his voice. You put a few puzzle pieces together and guessed it was jealousy. What did he have to be jealous about? He should know that you preferred him over Mycroft. Maybe more than a friend.
You'd started to get this weird sensation in your stomach whenever the two of you locked eyes. It didn't take long to figure out what the feeling was. You were in love with him. I mean, how could you not be in love with him. He was your best friend. Your deduction buddy! It was him you were worried about. Did he love you back? The answer would come soon enough. And you would definitely enjoy it.
His feelings started to show one night. You had woken up screaming after a nightmare. You sat for a moment trying to calm down and then the door opened as someone walked in. Out of instinct, you grabbed the gun off of your nightstand. You pointed it at the figure who raised his hands over his head.

"Wh-who's there?" You called into the darkness of your flat.

The figure flicked the light switch and you saw Sherlock, dressed in sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a blue robe. He kept his hands raised and you sighed. You dropped the gun onto the nightstand again.

"You scared me." You said rubbing some sweat from your forehead.

"Well I could say the same thing." He responded. "Are you alright?" He asked.

You raised an eyebrow and then nodded. "Was my screaming that loud?" You asked.

He shrugged and you sighed. "I was awake and heard you and...I wanted to make sure you were alright..." He stopped but it seemed like there should have been more to his sentence.

"Well, I'm fine. Thank you." You said.

He nodded and started to walk out. Just before he was out of your sight you called after him.

"Sherlock!"

He turned back as if expecting you to call his name.

"Will you stay with me?" You asked.