An Accident (Part 1)-Sherlock

You and Sherlock had started to get worried about John. He was mumbling things to himself at random times and would have nightmares once again. He was terrified and you and Sherlock always had to come in and help him calm down. It got worse almost everyday but he would eventually snap out of it and go about his day.
You were scared that something might happen to him one day. That he might accidentally do something and you would see it happen. You tried to get the bad thoughts out of your head but it was hard to do. So you went on cases with Sherlock. He gladly let you come along but some of the times you had to stay at the flat and make sure nothing happened to John. Like today.
You were staying at the flat while Sherlock went on a case. He wanted you to come along but you said that you would stay with John. Sherlock left and it was just you and John and Mrs. Hudson downstairs. You made yourself a cup of tea and one for John. He was staring at the ground lost in his mind. You figured he was thinking about Afghanistan. That was what he thought about the most now. Mrs. Hudson came in and smiled at you.

"Oh, y/n! I have to run to the store. I won't be long." She said.

"Alright." You said smiling back.

She looked at John and sighed sadly, "Take care of him." She said.

"That's what I'm here for." You said.

She turned around and went back down the stairs. You sighed and turned around. You sat down in Sherlock's chair, across from John. You sipped your tea but John didn't move. But then suddenly he shot up and you nearly dropped the cup in your hands. John stared at you with an expression you had never seen personally. He looked angry and like he was going to kill. You set your cup down and carefully got up. You walked away a bit and John's eyes followed you.

"John?" You asked.

He raised his one hand and your eyes widened. Your heart rate sped up a bit as you stared at the gun that was pointing straight at you.

"John, please. This isn't you. You're just seeing things." You said holding your hands out in front of you.

John didn't say anything. He just kept his cold, hard expression. He then looked as if he was going to snap out of it and he stared at the gun. You stepped forward cautiously.

"John-" You started.

There was then a gunshot and you felt an enormous pain. You collapsed to the ground and then the world went black.

~Sherlock's POV~

I went to the crime scene and went straight to the body. Graham Lestrade was there and he explained everything that they knew. I took in all the information and then examined the dead person. It was a woman in her late twenties. She was married for 4+ years, a good relationship. There was a bullet wound in her forehead which explains her death very obviously. I stepped back and examined the area. I positioned myself in the spot the murderer would have most likely have been at and imagined how the scene would have happened.
The murderer walked silently a good distance away from the woman. He waited for the specific moment before pulling out his gun. But if he was following the woman then she would have been facing the opposite way. So, the murderer obviously had to have made a noise causing the woman to turn around out of confusion. The murderer panics and then 'BANG!' the gun goes off killing the woman. The murderer flees the scene before anyone can catch him.
I smiled and turned around to face George. "I am going to need some time on this case." He said.

"Take as much time as you need." Lestrade said.

I nodded and turned around. I walked down the street waiting for a cab. Finally one came up and I called it over. I opened the door and climbed inside.

"221B Baker Street, please." I told him.

The cabbie nodded and started driving. I was home in a few minutes and I opened the front door. I climbed the steps, skipping every other one. I opened the door ready to greet y/n but my eyes widened at the sight before me. Y/n laid on the ground with a bullet wound in her stomach. John stood there with a gun in his hand and I couldn't believe it.

"John?" I asked.

He didn't respond.

"John!" I shouted shaking his shoulder.

He closed his eyes and shook his head. He looked at me with a confused expression.

"Sherlock?" He asked.

"John, what did you do?" I asked.

"What do you mean? I didn't-" He never finished his sentence when he saw me pointing at y/n. "Oh my goodness." He mumbled.

He started repeating that over and over again. I knelt down next to y/n and carefully propped her head on my lap. I pulled my phone out and phoned an ambulance. John was pacing around the room mumbling to himself.

"John." I said but he didn't stop. "John Watson will you stop mumbling g to yourself and come help!" I shouted.

"No, no! I'm the one that did that!" John shouted back.

"But that doesn't change the fact that you are a doctor and that y/n is bleeding to death! Now stop pacing and help me!" I said.

John stared at me and then nodded. He walked over and knelt down next to her. He checked her pulse and looked at the bullet wound.

"She's lost a lot of blood. If the ambulance doesn't get here soon and help her..." He stopped and looked down. "...y/n might die." He said.

I felt fear strike me in the heart when he said that. Y/n couldn't die! I wouldn't let that happen.

"No. No, she will not die. I will not allow it!" I said.

I then heard the door open and footsteps sounding up the steps. Medics piled into the room and looked around. They saw y/n and immediately came over. They got her to the ambulance and I went with them to the hospital. Y/n would make it through, right?