Hanging Love (Part 1)-Sherlock

You shut the door to your home and dropped your groceries and stuff on the counter. You pulled everything out of the bags and put them away. You were about to get comfortable when you heard a clattering sound. You headed towards the sound slowly and cautiously. You pressed yourself against the wall and peeked around the corner. You sighed when you saw your little puppy panting and messing with a pot. You giggled and started walking towards him. Suddenly, you felt an arm around your throat and something being pressed to your mouth. It didn't take long for you to figure out what it was but it also didn't take long for you to pass out and collapse on the ground.

~Sherlock's POV~

"Thank you and have a nice day." I said and shut the door.

I had been having a long, stressful day. Clients were coming and going because I found all their cases boring. I heard a knock on the door and Mrs. Hudson opened it and came in.

"What do you want?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Sherlock, umm...y-you have a note." She said shakily.

I looked at her curiously and took the piece of paper from her shaking hands. I examined the handwriting and recognized it immediately, even though it was somewhat sloppy. I stared at it for quite a time before I remembered my landlady was still standing there. I cleared my throat.

"Thank you." I said and she left.

I sat down in my chair across from John who'd been silent the whole time. I opened the note and read each word carefully. The note told me a warning and some sort of clue to a location. What worried me the most though was that it was signed 'Love y/n' and there were tiny drips of blood stained on the paper. Y/n was in trouble and I needed to find her.
I stood up and paced the room, note in my hands. I read it and reread it and reread it again. The clue that she had given me was no good. I was horrible at riddles and she had given me one. I slammed the note on the table in frustration. John's head shot up and he looked around confused.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Haven't you been sitting there the whole time?" I questioned.

"I, uh, sort of fell asleep." He said rubbing his eyes and standing up.

"Y/n's been taken captive and I can't figure out where she is." I said.

"What?! Did she give you a clue?" John asked.

"Yes. But it's a riddle. I'm not very good at riddles, more or less her riddles." I said.

John took the note, "Well she is one of the best riddle makers there is." He said. "But luckily I'm one of the best riddle solvers when it comes to her. She's being held at that one abandoned church." He said handing the paper back to me.

He walked to the coat rack and started to put his coat on while I still stood there shocked. I soon regained myself and followed after him. The church wasn't too far away so it would be fairly easy to get there. Hopefully.

~Your POV~

Tears rolled down your cheeks. This was not the day you were expecting. You walked along with the man pulling you. These people had made you write that letter to Sherlock and then sent it off to them. Now they were going to make it more "fun", for them at least.

"Step right up here, darling." The man in front of you said.

You glared at him but did as he said. You stepped up onto the small stool and remained still. Your hands were tied behind your back so you couldn't do much else. The man slipped a rope around your neck and you realized what was happening. They didn't have it too tight around your neck but you assumed that would change.

"Now, let me explain how this is going to work. This rope is connected to a timer. As the clock ticks the rope will slowly pull tighter and it will squeeze around your neck. Then it will pull you up until you are hanging." He explained. You gulped out of fear. "Unless Sherlock saves you, you will die." He said and then chuckled.

"Oh, I love playing here games with Sherlock. Especially when I can get to him with something he cherishes dearly." He laughed evilly. "He should've kept the two of you a better secret but I'm going to enjoy this." He said.

"Who are you?"  You asked.

"Jim Moriarty. Hi!"  He answered in a singsong voice.

"Why are you doing this?" You asked.

"Why does anyone do anything?" He chuckled. "I'm doing this to tear Sherlock apart to-to burn him." He said.

You tried to move off the stool and come towards him but the rope tightened suddenly and pulled you back. Jim gasped sarcastically and smiled.

"I don't think you'll wanting to be doing that. If you make sudden moves, the timer will jump ahead quickly making sure that you do not get away." He explained.

He walked up closer to you and looked up from your head down to your feet. Then he kicked the stool a little making you shift slightly to keep your balance. Again, the rope tightened causing you to choke a little. He turned around and walked out of the room waving at you as he vanished into the darkness. The rope was tugging tightly around your throat and you could feel it pull. It dug into your neck which caused some tears to fall. You closed your eyes and hoped so desperately that Sherlock would find you.

~Sherlock's POV~

John and I rushed into the church. We searched the building looking for y/n. I pushed open a set of doors and froze.

"Hello Sherlock! Glad you could make it." Moriarty shouted.

"You took her." I mumbled.

"Of course I did. She's necessary for me to get to you." He said mockingly.

"Where is she?" I asked roughly.

"You want me to just tell you where she is? I don't think so. You're gonna have to find her." He taunted. "But the clock is ticking Sherlock. If you're too late to find her then..." He made a choking sound and slid his finger across his throat.

I remained silent and glared at him. He rolled his head around and glared right back at me. Then suddenly, he fell over after a loud whacking sound. John stood behind him with his gun in his hand. I smirked and walked in.

"Come on. We have to find y/n before it's too late." I said jogging into the darkness.

~Your POV~

Sweat dripped down from your forehead. You could still hear the timer ticking and felt the rope pulling you up. You kept yourself on your tip toes to make sure you weren't choking quite yet. But soon that wouldn't help that much. The clock made a loud tick and the rope tugged a slight bit more and your feet were just barely lifted off of the stool. You let out a small sob as it dug into your skin. You were scared right now. You started to close your eyes as you were losing consciousness. Then you heard distant footsteps and then voices.

"Y/n!" Sherlock shouted as he approached.

He pulled out a small pocket knife and slit the rope. You fell to the ground and gasped in a lot of air. You started coughing and put your hand up to your neck. You rubbed where the rope had been and then looked up at Sherlock who was knelt right in front of you. He smiled at you and you dropped onto your knees and cried into his shoulder.

He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you in close to him tightly. He rubbed your back up and down gently until you calmed down. You pulled away and smiled as best you could. You both started to stand up when you felt someone grab you from behind and pull you back, away from Sherlock.
You let out a shriek and Sherlock stood up abruptly. You felt something cold being pressed to your back and knew it was a gun. You closed your eyes and waited for the shot that would kill you.