A Doctor For The Doctor (Part 1)-John

You worked at St. Bartholomew's Hospital. You were a doctor there and you worked all day everyday. It always seemed to be the same thing that happened though. Not too many things were different. Until one day. A man was brought in and was injured badly. You had to rush to the room as quickly as possible. The man had been shot in the left shoulder and was losing lots of blood. You immediately went to work. You had really never done anything like this before and it made you nervous. Your heart pounded as you were removing the bullet.
On the outside, you looked as calm as you could possibly be. One the inside though, you were scared, nervous, and just a complete wreck. Finally the bullet was out and you could stitch up the wound. The man was unconscious now but he had a heartbeat. You finished and set down your tools. You sighed in relief and was about to leave when you looked back.
The mans eyes were opening slowly so you moved back over to him. He looked around and saw you. You smiled down at him. Before he could say anything though he fell back unconscious. You examined the wound again and where it was. It would take time but he would probably not be able to walk very easily for a while.
As the weeks went by you visited the mans hospital everyday when you got the chance. He was usually sleeping and on occasion he'd wake up briefly. Today though you got to talk to him.
You walked into his room and he was already awake. He looked over at you and you smiled.

"Hello." You said.

"Hello." He croaked. "Where am I?" He asked.

"You're at St. Bartholomew's Hospital. You were brought in with a bullet wound in your left shoulder." You explained.

"Yes, I know about the wound." He said.

"You probably won't be able to walk without the help of a cane." You said.

The man nodded and looked away. You felt sorry for the man. You didn't know what had happened but you didn't want to ask him and bring up what was probably a bad memory.

"I'm sorry, I never got your name." You said breaking the silence that had come.

"John. John Watson." He said.

"Nice to meet you John. I'm y/n Holmes."  You said. "You should be out of here soon. Just a few more days and you'll be good to go." You said.

"Thank you." He said.

"It's my job." You said smiling and then left.

|Three Day's Later|

You walked into John's hospital room with good news.

"Hey! I received some news and you can go." You said.

"That's wonderful." He said.

You smiled but you were kind of sad. You had become friends with John and you didn't want to see him go. You helped get him unhooked from thugs and then handed him some clothes.

"I got you this." You said holding out a cane for him.

He smiled and took it in his hand. "Thank you so much." He said.

"It was my pleasure." You said.

He changed his clothes and started to leave.

"Do you have somewhere to stay?" You asked.

"Umm, no actually I don't. Not in London." He said.

"I, have an extra room at my place that you can stay in until you find a suitable place." You said.

"That's very kind of you." He said.

You smiled, "Come on. I'm on break so I can take you there really quickly." You said.

John followed you outside and you hailed a cab. The two of you climbed in and drove to your home. You unlocked the front door and pushed it open lettingJohn walk in. You went to the guest room and opened the door.

"You can stay here." You said.

"Great! It looks perfect. For now." He said.

"Well, I should be getting back to work so.." you trailed off.

"I'll find something to do." He assured you.

"Okay. I'll see you here when my shift is over." You said.

"Alright. You're a doctor?" He asked before you left.

"Yeah. Why?" You asked.

"I'm an army doctor." He said.

"Really? So, Dr. John Watson?" You questioned.

"Yes. I was stationed in Afghanistan." He explained.

"Wow. Alrighty then. Well I'll see you later." You said and left.