Don't Take Me Back There (Part 3)-Sherlock

You woke up to the sound of beeping coming from your right. Your eyelids seemed too heavy to open so you didn't. You moved your fingers around and felt the thin sheet that was laid on top of you.  You just sat there in the moment of silence, just breathing. Eventually, you peeled your eyes opened and scanned the room. There was no one there except for you. You took a deep breath and let it out. Nobody came in for a while too. But soon the doctor came in.

He saw you awake and smiled, "Ah, good morning."  He said.

You didn't say anything just nodded to him as he did his check ups on you. He touched your shoulder and you flinched in pain.

"I'm sorry."  He said.

He continued his work in silence for a few minutes but you soon came to the conclusion that he couldn't do anything without starting up conversation.

"So, do you have friends or family that live around here?"  He asked.

You looked up at him and then shook your head, "No, why?"  You asked.

"Just wondering. No one really came in for you."  He said.

"No one?"  You asked.

"Well, one man did. But his visit was brief."  The doctor said.

"Oh."  You said and looked down.

After a while, the doctor was done and you were relieved when he told you that he was.

"You should be out of here later today."  He informed you.

You smiled and nodded at him. He left the room and you plopped your head back in relief. For the next few hours you were bored out of your mind. Finally, they let you out and you got a cab immediately. You climbed inside and the cabbie asked where you were headed.

"Umm, Baker Street."  You said.

He nodded and started to drive along. You stared out the window at all the buildings. There were people walking along on the sidewalks with their kids or with their boyfriends. You smiled at all the people and eventually reached Baker Street.
You climbed out and walked up to the black door that read 221b. You hesitantly knocked on the door. You didn't know why you were nervous but you were. Maybe you were worried they wouldn't let you in for some reason. Or maybe you just liked them and was afraid they didn't like you. But you knocked. After a minute or two, a woman opened the door and smiled at you.

"Oh!  Hello deary."  She said.

"Hello. Can I come in?"  You asked.

"Yes of course. Are you here for the boys?"  She asked.

"As a matter of fact I am."  You smiled.

"You can go right up."  She said.

"Thank you."  You said and walked up the steps.

Sherlock's door was open so you just let yourself in. You walked in but retreated out immediately, gasping. Your heart began pounding as you tried to hold in tears that threatened to fall. You almost tripped but caught yourself. You created a lot of noise though. You began to breathe heavily and you tried to calm yourself down. John walked out and saw you.

"Oh my goodness!  You're back." He said.

"What is he doing here?"  You asked.

"What-who?"  He asked.

"Him!"  You said and pointed into Sherlock's flat.

"Oh. Umm..." before John could finish you pushed inside.

You now knew you weren't imagining things. This time though, you stood there frozen in your spot. Sherlock saw you and his eyes filled with worry. Marty turned around also and saw you. He smiled at you and your face became more pale.

"I didn't know she was coming."  He said.

"I didn't either."  Sherlock said.

"Wh-what is he doing here?"  You asked.

No one said anything. You looked at Sherlock, then John, and lastly at Marty who was still smiling at you. You sighed and sat down on the couch. You all stayed there in silence until you heard sirens and then car doors slamming shut. Police filed into the room and aimed their guns at Marty. He lifted his hands in surrender and they arrested him. You stood up and then looked at Sherlock, with a face filled with shock.

"You set all this up?"  You asked.

"Well, after he stabbed you and you blacked out, I promised that I would find him and arrest him for you. Of course I hadn't realized that you were unconscious when I said that, but I still kept my word."  He said.

You smiled and walked over to him. You wrapped your arms around his neck and buried your face in his shoulder.

"Thank you."  You whispered.  "Thank you so much." 

Sherlock rubbed your back soothingly and then John cleared his throat awkwardly. You removed your arms from around Sherlock's neck and looked at John. He had the goofiest grin ever on his face.

"What?"  Sherlock asked.

"Nothing."  He said still keeping that ridiculous smile, "It's just. You've never shown affection like this to anyone...ever."  John said.

"Well I think I can show a little more for the person I seem to fancy."  He said and surprised you by planting a kiss on you lips.

At first, you just stood there wrapped in his embrace, but soon you melted into it and smiled. If you hadn't had that incident happen you would've never met the great detective whom you soon fell in love with. And you never went back to your old home again. You stayed in the extra room at 221b and helped Sherlock and John on their cases. You enjoyed them too. And not just because Sherlock made your day brighter.