Broken (Part 1)-Sherlock

You sat in the corner of your cell holding your knees tight against your body. Sweat beamed down your forehead as it always did. You heard footsteps and felt relieved when you saw that they had brought you food. It wasn't amazing food but it kept you alive. Usually it was the scraps or the messed up meals. You didn't complain though. As long as you would be able to survive you were content with it. You ate your meal quickly and slurped down the water that was there. You pushed the tray back towards the front of your cell and slipped back into the corner.
It was always the same routine everyday. But this time would be different. You had been planning an escape but it had to be done perfectly. You looked around outside your cell, your eyes open wide. It was night time but you weren't able to sleep tonight because of the nerves. You had your whole escape plan mapped out in your head and you ran through it over and over again checking for anything that might go wrong besides getting caught and most likely being killed. You shivered at the thought and pushed it away. You went back to your thoughts but was immediately interrupted by the sound of creaking hinges and footsteps. Jingling of keys sounded and someone appeared at your cell. You crept towards the front of it and thought, 'It's now or never.'
You heard the click of the door being unlocked and barely caught sight of familiar prisoners standing outside their cells. You didn't worry about why they were just standing there. You were going to escape one way or the other. The door opened and a man walked in. You didn't take time to ask what was happening.
You elbowed him in the gut and punched him in the face. You darted out of the cell you'd been in for so long and headed for the door. You were weak from not being out and about but you were still making progress. You could hear talking from behind you.

"Stop her." Was the only thing you heard before a loud bang.

You knew what the sound was. A gunshot. Without thinking you dropped to your knees in fear. You shrank down into a small ball and covered your ears with your hands. Your heart was racing a million miles an hour and you were panting hard. You heard a bunch of footsteps and guessed that at least three people were coming towards you. You imagined what was going to happen but you wouldn't fight. You were too weak and would be no match for the men who would take you away. But everything you imagined didn't happen. Instead, they knelt down in front of you and looked at you concerned.

"Miss, are you alright?" A calm, gentle voice asked.

You shook your head rapidly not daring to look up, no matter how calm this man made you feel. You felt a hand touch your back and you flinched, starting to back away. Your eyes were alert and you were finally looking at the men. Three, just like you had guessed.

"We aren't here to hurt you." A man with a deeper voice said.

You slowly and shakily lowered your hands and lifted your head. You found yourself staring at a man wearing a long coat and dark curly hair. At least you assumed it was dark. It was hard to tell since there really weren't many lights around. You looked around at the three men there. The man to your left had silver hair and the man to your right had grayish hair. That's what you guessed for each of them.

"We're here to take you home to your family." The man to your right said.

You looked at him and then down at your hands.

"I don't have that." You said, your voice cracking slightly as you choked back tears.

"A home or..." The gray haired man trailed off.

You shook your head continuing to twiddle with your fingers. "Neither." You finally said looking at them.

They all remained silent. The man with the curly hair stood up.

"Well then you can stay at Baker Street." He said.

"What?" The gray haired man asked.

"What?" The tall man asked shrugging. "She needs a place to stay." He added.

"Yeah but...Baker Street?"

"Why not?"

The man sighed, "Fine. It is your home, Sherlock."

The tall man, Sherlock, smiled triumphantly then looked down at you.

"Would you like to stay at Baker Street?" He asked.

You didn't know how to respond. You didn't even know if these men were telling the truth and that they were saving you.

"How do I know I can trust you?" You asked.

Sherlock shrugged, "You'll have to wait and see, I guess." He extended his hand out to you, "So? What do you say?"

You stared at his hand for probably a full minute. Finally you took hold of it and he pulled you up to your feet. Sherlock smiled.

"What now?" You asked.

He looked around, smile never leaving his face, "To Baker Street. The game is on!"

A/n: Okay! So this is one that I have been working on for a little while. I sort of stopped for a little cause I didn't know what else to do but I think I have an idea now so...hope you guys like it and Part 2 should be coming pretty soon! Love you all! ❤️