One More Dance-Sherlock

The day had come that John and Mary were going to get married. You were so happy for them. You were also excited to see your best friend there. His tall figure would be easy to spot, plus he was the best man so, that made it even easier.
The wedding turned out to be great. Mary and John said their I do's and soon it was the party. You sat at the table with Mrs. Hudson, Lestrade and Molly. Sherlock then stood up and gave his speech. It was very long, but very heart warming. Then he jumped over the table unexpectedly and began rambling. But it wasn't his normal rambling, this time it was different. You knew something was wrong just by the way he said things.
He walked over to the major and handed him a note. The major read the note and quickly left the room. Then Sherlock left, followed by John, and then Mary. You decided that you didn't want to miss out so you followed a little bit behind.

"How can you not remember? You remember everything!" John shouted.

"I have to delete something!" Sherlock responded.

Mary ran up the steps in between them and shouted the room number. You rushed up the stairs after them. You stopped outside the room that they were all waiting outside.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" John asked.

"I didn't want to miss out on the action." You said.

Sherlock didn't even glance at you which made you realize he hadn't forgotten the last time the two of you were together. You looked away from him and waited for Major Sholto to come out of the room.

"Solve the case Mr. Holmes and then I'll open the door!" He bargained.

Sherlock just stared at the door blankly. He couldn't figure this out. But you knew he could.

"I can't." He said.

"Sherlock! You're not a genius! You're a drama queen! Now solve the case!" John ordered.

Sherlock then went into his thinking mode. He began to think of his case and then came to a realization.

"Major Sholto, I'm afraid that you've already been killed." Sherlock said.

"What do you mean?" Sholto asked.

"When you put on your belt someone stuck a sharp object through and it won't kill you until you take off your belt." Sherlock said.

The two of them began arguing for a minute or two until the door opened.

"I believe I need some medical attention." Sholto said.

"And I believe I'm your doctor." John said taking his coat off.

You sighed in relief and John walked into the Major's room. You smiled at Mary and then at Sherlock. You caught him looking at you, but when you looked at him his gaze shot away. You looked down and then walked away as Mary and Sherlock walked into the room as well.

***

Later that night, Sherlock was playing his violin and the bride and groom were dancing together. The two of them looked so happy together. You looked on the stage to see Sherlock. He always looked so calm when he played his instrument. You smiled to yourself as he finished the song. Everyone applauded him and he put his violin down.

"Congratulations to the bride and groom. I am very happy for the three of you-I mean the two of you. Sorry I miss counted." Sherlock said.

You looked at him confused but he quickly got off the stage. He walked over to Mary and John and you tried to make your way to them also.

"What about you?" Mary asked Sherlock.

"We can't dance with three people." John said.

"That's alright. You two dance." Sherlock insisted.

John smiled and they stared dancing. Sherlock looked around at all the people dancing. Everyone had a partner except him...and you. But he just glanced right over you. You saw him walk out of the building so you hurried after him.
He obviously heard your heels clicking on the ground but he didn't stop. He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets and continued on.

"It's not worth your time, miss." Sherlock said.

"Well I'd like to try at least." You said.

Sherlock stopped when he heard your voice so you caught up with him. You stepped in front of him and looked at his face. You smiled at him, but he did it again. He looked to the side trying to avoid all eye contact with you.

"Sherlock, I know that you've been avoiding me this whole time. I don't like it. Please don't do it right now." You pleaded.

Sherlock slowly turned his gaze back to you, "I wanted to see you again for so long, but when I finally did I didn't know what to do or say." Sherlock admitted.

"Well, you weren't the only one. I had so many chances to say something to you but I never did. I just stood there like an idiot." You said.

"But you're not an idiot." Sherlock said, causing you to smile.

"Look, Sherlock. I'm sorry about leaving all that time ago, but I want to make it right. Please?" You pleaded holding out your hand.

Sherlock answered by wrapping you into his arms. You melted into the hug and rested your head on his chest.

"Y/n," Sherlock began pulling away from you, "I don't know if you do, but, umm, I still love you." He said.

You smiled even bigger than before, "I've never stopped." You said.

Sherlock smiled too. You stepped onto your tiptoes and pressed your lips against his. He soon returned the kiss as you wrapped your arms around his neck. You pulled away and looked into his eyes.

"Come on Sherlock, what do you say to one more dance?"