Anything But Ordinary (Part 1)-Sherlock

It was all supposed to be a completely ordinary day. You would wake up, go to work, stay there for five hours, leave, go home, and sleep. But today was different. You'd been working for the police department for five years now, and you really impressed yourself that you were able to stay that long. You walked into the station and had just sat down when your boss called you into his office. You suddenly became nervous. You thought that you had done something wrong and started to think of what you might have done. You recalled everything that you did in the past few days but didn't find any fault. You walked in and sat down across from him.

"I have good news."  Was the first thing he said.

You were relieved to hear this and most of the tension that had built up was gone.

"Well, I'm all ears."  You said smiling.

"Y/n, you have been an amazing officer and the best person I could think of to have this job..."

You knew what was coming. He needed an opening so he was gonna fire you so that he could hire someone else for the job.

"...but..."

Here it comes...

"...there is a police station in London in need of some help. I thought that you'd be perfect for the job."  He finished.

You stared at him, wide eyed and mouth agape.  "Are you serious?"  You asked.

"Yes I am."  He said nodding.

You let out a shriek of excitement.

"I'm going to London?"  You asked still trying to figure out if this was real or not.

"Yes!  The Scotland Yard needs someone like you there." 

"Oh thank you so much!"  You said. "When do I leave?"  You asked.

"Tomorrow."  He told you.

"Tomorrow."  You repeated.

You rushed out of the office and back home so that you could pack. Tomorrow was going to be an amazing day.

***

Your plane finally landed and you exited trough the front door. You grabbed your luggage and walked outside. You called a taxi and climbed inside, telling he driver to take you to your newly bought flat.  You gave him the address and he drove off.
After a long drive, you reached your new home. You climbed out of the cab and walked up to the door. You raised your hand to knock but the door flew open. You stepped aside as two men left yelling at each other, and not even noticing you. You smiled and kept yourself from laughing as you entered the place.

"Hello?"  You called.

You heard a door open and an older woman walked out.

"Oh!  Hello there!  Are you y/n?"  She asked.

"Yes."  You answered.

"Oh good!  I've been waiting for you to come for what feels like an eternity."  She said.

"I called you yesterday."  You said.

"Oh no matter. I just love having new people around."  She said.  "Well, come on then, let's get to your flat then shall we?"  She asked.

"Yes, I think we should."  You agreed.

The nice lady took you up one flight of stairs to a door. She unlocked it and let you inside. You looked around at it all and smiled to yourself.

"What do you think?"  She asked.

"It's perfect!"